Search found 23 matches

by Wesley B
Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:12 pm
Forum: Plugins
Topic: Different Spartacus Problem
Replies: 8
Views: 7667

Yes, I'm sure that's the problem.

Does anyone know which other plugins won't work until I can get my server to fix this problem?

Might save me some frustration.

http://www.mindbuzz.net
by Wesley B
Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:35 pm
Forum: Plugins
Topic: Different Spartacus Problem
Replies: 8
Views: 7667

Yep. Version 2.5.
by Wesley B
Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:41 am
Forum: Plugins
Topic: Different Spartacus Problem
Replies: 8
Views: 7667

I was happy to give it a try. I still get this message though:

Trying to open URL package_sidebar_en.xml...
The URL http://netmirror.org/mirror/serendipity//package_sidebar_en.xml could not be opened. Maybe the Serendipity or SourceForge.net Server is down - we are sorry, you need to try again ...
by Wesley B
Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:25 am
Forum: Plugins
Topic: Different Spartacus Problem
Replies: 8
Views: 7667

Different Spartacus Problem

When I try to install a new plugin, I've always received this message:

Trying to open URL package_sidebar_en.xml...
The URL http://netmirror.org/mirror/serendipity//package_sidebar_en.xml could not be opened. Maybe the Serendipity or SourceForge.net Server is down - we are sorry, you need to try ...
by Wesley B
Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:47 pm
Forum: Plugins
Topic: Wikipedia Wikticonary
Replies: 18
Views: 33812

I'm more interested in the entertainment value, and wouldn't really care to build my own mini-encylcopedia.

So I'd like to get an idea on how complicated code similar to what trillian uses would be, and get the data straight from wikipedia.

Wesley B
by Wesley B
Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:31 pm
Forum: Plugins
Topic: Dictionary?
Replies: 1
Views: 4329

Dictionary?

Hi,

I've had some users ask me if there is a way to include spell check for comments.

I know there are addons that will do this for phpBB2, but is there any talk of such a plugin for Serendipity?

Wesley B
by Wesley B
Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:29 pm
Forum: Plugins
Topic: Wikipedia Wikticonary
Replies: 18
Views: 33812

I've continued to look into wikipedia options more, and the current wikipedia database, if I remember correctly, is around 32 gigabytes.

Definately too large for me to host locally :lol:

Wikitionary is quite a bit smaller. Not sure if the output would be as nice.

My blog is very low volume, and ...
by Wesley B
Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:05 pm
Forum: Themes
Topic: Theme page not working
Replies: 7
Views: 9381

I saw a couple there I didn't recongnize.

Any way to download them? Are they on sourceforge?

Wesley B
by Wesley B
Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:24 pm
Forum: Plugins
Topic: Help on remote rss?
Replies: 7
Views: 10788

Any idea why I'm still unable to get this to work?

Wesley B
by Wesley B
Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:06 pm
Forum: General discussions
Topic: Another noob question
Replies: 6
Views: 5757

If someone other than Gavin is up to responding to this real quick, I'm sure there are plenty of people on these forums who will know the answer to my questions, and we can give Gavin a little more time to answer things only he knows the answer too.

By "core directory" do you mean above my html ...
by Wesley B
Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:34 am
Forum: General discussions
Topic: Another noob question
Replies: 6
Views: 5757

Another noob question

I think I have my blog set up well enough now that I'd like to make it the main page on my website.

Currently, my main page is at http://www.mindbuzz.net , and my blog is at http://www.mindbuzz.net/serendipity

I can give up the content on the main page, it's mostly just a welcome message.

How do ...
by Wesley B
Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:35 pm
Forum: Plugins
Topic: Help on remote rss?
Replies: 7
Views: 10788

That's what I've been entering (the full URL), not knowing the difference between a URI and a URL, I thought I should ask just to make sure.

Wesley B
by Wesley B
Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:42 pm
Forum: Plugins
Topic: Help on remote rss?
Replies: 7
Views: 10788

After downloading today's snapshot, I still get an error trying to set this up:

Error on line 127 of /home/u3/wesleyb/html/serendipity/bundled-libs/Onyx/RSS.php: The specified file could not be opened.

Should I be entering the rss web address (for example: http://allafrica.com/tools/headlines ...
by Wesley B
Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:10 am
Forum: General discussions
Topic: Is this possible?
Replies: 1
Views: 2435

Is this possible?

I like to limit the number of entries on the first page of my blog; I feel it creates a cleaner page for visitors.

My challenge is that both my wife and I post entries, and I would like to be able to limit the number of entries on the first page to, say, 3 per author.

The blog's "largest" audience ...
by Wesley B
Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:05 pm
Forum: Plugins
Topic: Help on remote rss?
Replies: 7
Views: 10788

Good enough, I'll download the new snapshot.

Thanks!

Wesley B