Search found 22 matches

by adamcharnock
Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:20 pm
Forum: General discussions
Topic: Using "Allow dynamic image resizing"
Replies: 30
Views: 22319

Hey Guys,

Sorry for being a little quiet lately, I am currently off holidaying at the moment so I am stuck on dial-up on my laptop :)

If I can be of help with this please let me know. I believe there is a function for getImageId in the above patch, so you are welcome to use that as a basis if it ...
by adamcharnock
Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:39 pm
Forum: Development
Topic: SEO and Redirection
Replies: 3
Views: 5699

Well I thought I should probably have an avatar as all the cool kids seem to have them :p

From what I can gather, SEO seems to be a very sketchy and guesswork-based area, but a there are a couple of points regarding links:

1 - If search engines sees "too many" (whatever that is) external links on ...
by adamcharnock
Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:12 pm
Forum: General discussions
Topic: Using "Allow dynamic image resizing"
Replies: 30
Views: 22319

Hi Ormus,

I see what you mean, and I think it is a good idea. How would you feel about this being a smarty plugin? I am convious that doing regexs on large chunks of HTML can be slow, and a smarty call could make this faster: Eg:

{resizeImage src="blah.gif" alt="example" border="0" class="myclass ...
by adamcharnock
Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:03 pm
Forum: General discussions
Topic: Using "Allow dynamic image resizing"
Replies: 30
Views: 22319

Ok, that sounds fine to me. Here is the patch aganst CVS:

http://porteightyeight.com/serendipity_event_imageselectorplus.20080313.patch

Or if you prefer the whole lot again:

http://porteightyeight.com/serendipity_event_imageselectorplus.20080313.tar.gz

I have noticed that my part of the code ...
by adamcharnock
Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:10 pm
Forum: General discussions
Topic: Using "Allow dynamic image resizing"
Replies: 30
Views: 22319

Hi Ormus,

Thank you for tracking this down for me! My blog is still fairly new so I have yet to orgnaise my images into folders :p

I will also make it clearer that global image resizing needs to be enabled from the get-go.

I will go write that getImageIdByUrl() method now :)
by adamcharnock
Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:16 pm
Forum: General discussions
Topic: Using "Allow dynamic image resizing"
Replies: 30
Views: 22319

Humm, can you tell me what database you are using? I was only able to test on MySQL 5, so this could be a compatibility issue.

I have also noticed a change that has slipped into CVS and should not be there. The URL is generated on line 931 of serendipity_event_imageselectorplus.php, and it should ...
by adamcharnock
Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:50 am
Forum: General discussions
Topic: Using "Allow dynamic image resizing"
Replies: 30
Views: 22319

Hi Ormus!

Its great to hear someone is getting some use out of this addition... or at least trying to!) :)

It sounds to me as though you are using the patch I initially posted. Garvin's later modification should have fixed the problem you are seeing with the body copy not being transformed. I ...
by adamcharnock
Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:26 am
Forum: Development
Topic: SEO and Redirection
Replies: 3
Views: 5699

SEO and Redirection

Hey Folks,

I have been brushing up on (read: getting around to learning) my SEO skills for the past couple of days and I have become aware of the problem of duplicate content.

Here is some backgound: It seems that search engines tend not to like finding multiple pages with duplicate content. At ...
by adamcharnock
Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:16 pm
Forum: Development
Topic: Google Analytics JS position
Replies: 4
Views: 6141

Ah, I see. Thank you for clearing this up!

You can go ahead and ignore my patch :p

Best,
by adamcharnock
Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:21 pm
Forum: Development
Topic: Google Analytics JS position
Replies: 4
Views: 6141

Hey Garvin,

I have dopped him a quick (but polite :) ) PM. We could always add it is a config option if there is a good reason either way.
by adamcharnock
Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:07 pm
Forum: General discussions
Topic: SPAM PREVENTION IMAGE PROBLEM
Replies: 6
Views: 3916

Hi Lester,

I guess you have probably sorted this out by know, but I thought I would just mention that this seems like a fairly typical load balancing problem:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Load_balancing_(computing)

The problem occurs because the site is served from several machines, which each ...
by adamcharnock
Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:49 pm
Forum: Development
Topic: Google Analytics JS position
Replies: 4
Views: 6141

Google Analytics JS position

Hey Everyone,

I was wondering if there was some ulterior reason for the Google Analytics code (in serendipity_event_google_analytics by kleinerChemiker) being placed at towards the top of the page rather than at the bottom?

I am not 100%, but I think that this will cause some (don't ask which :p ...
by adamcharnock
Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:19 pm
Forum: General discussions
Topic: Using "Allow dynamic image resizing"
Replies: 30
Views: 22319

Hi Garvin,

Thanks for making those changes, I will bear them in mind in the future. And yes, that line should not have been commented out (I was just doing some testing on my blog). So that section of the patch should look like this:


395a403,413
>
> // auto resizing images based on width and/or ...
by adamcharnock
Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:49 pm
Forum: General discussions
Topic: Using "Allow dynamic image resizing"
Replies: 30
Views: 22319

Hey,

No problem, I thought it would be handy! :D

If both width and height are specified it will resize to the best fit (I.e. it the final image will fit within the boundaries given by width and hieght)

Adam
by adamcharnock
Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:09 pm
Forum: Development
Topic: Adding StumbleUpon Support to serendipity_event_findmore
Replies: 4
Views: 6125

Hey Garvin,

Lol, ok! I just wanted to check that you were OK with it :)

CVS karma sounds great to me! I think I will be making some more contributions as I continue blogging, plus I have been looking to get involved in an open source project for a while now.

I work as a freelace PHP dev, and I ...