Search found 4 matches

by pronto
Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:27 pm
Forum: Development
Topic: Language file recommendation
Replies: 7
Views: 6729

Ok ... cutting the big boy down into smaller packages is a problem. However loading the smaller chunk is easy. Because language pack is really just another PHP include file, all you have to do is to add an global identifier in the beginning of it which allows system to figure out whether or not the ...
by pronto
Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:14 pm
Forum: Development
Topic: Language file recommendation
Replies: 7
Views: 6729

BTW .. I suspect that this idea has been discussed at least billion times, but if the language file size is an issue why is it is still in a singe chunk? What I mean is that isn't it cheaper (resource wise) not to load the admin keywords every time somebody visits the blog? Again it makes both ...
by pronto
Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:40 pm
Forum: Development
Topic: Language file recommendation
Replies: 7
Views: 6729

Re: Language file recommendation

Hm, I understand that. However as you also already found out, this is because we usually strife for low redundancy. "Comments" for example is used very often - if we made it unique for each insertion, we'd have 10 or 15 strings all defined as "Comments".
I agree. However I don't think the overhead ...
by pronto
Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:50 am
Forum: Development
Topic: Language file recommendation
Replies: 7
Views: 6729

Language file recommendation

I've been using Serendipity for more than a year now and so far the experience has been most satisfying. Lately I decided to contribute a bit more into the community by translating it into my native language -- Estonian. However I ran into several issues which I'm sorry to say are rather typical (I ...