One question, you mentioned when sharing an installation of Serendipity, the setup of DBs.
How is it, each user requires a unique DB? Is it not possible to have a single DB, with a variety of tables, so each user's content is unique because of their ID!
Pre-requisite of each individual DB multi ...
Search found 6 matches
- Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:05 am
- Forum: General discussions
- Topic: Serendipity Databases for multi-users
- Replies: 6
- Views: 4872
- Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:48 pm
- Forum: Development
- Topic: Integrating Other Applications with Serendipity
- Replies: 1
- Views: 5803
Integrating Other Applications with Serendipity
Perhaps I am over ambitious, however, is it plausible to have a Gallery application, based on another design, perhaps using XML templates, to be incorporated into the Serendipity installation?
This would be useful, if all it requires is configuring some setup files within Serendipity to see the ...
This would be useful, if all it requires is configuring some setup files within Serendipity to see the ...
- Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:43 pm
- Forum: Development
- Topic: What is Serendipity?
- Replies: 7
- Views: 12903
Shared Serendipity setup
Hello Garvin,
I have successfully installed Serendipity, and its beginning to look the part, am the one gettting learn how to steer.
I was taking a look at the "shared installation' you suggested, even though its in Beta;
It seems it would need some scripts to enable: as users register, the ...
I have successfully installed Serendipity, and its beginning to look the part, am the one gettting learn how to steer.
I was taking a look at the "shared installation' you suggested, even though its in Beta;
It seems it would need some scripts to enable: as users register, the ...
- Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:29 pm
- Forum: Development
- Topic: What is Serendipity?
- Replies: 7
- Views: 12903
Thanks for the Help
This is very helpful, thanks. Just one point, you mentioned the DB creation twice, why? And again, does the database strictly have to be "Serendipity" or can I name it accordingly! I mean Serendipity is fine, just a small point to understand any restrictions.
Now, you have a fine collection of ...
Now, you have a fine collection of ...
- Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:32 pm
- Forum: Development
- Topic: What is Serendipity?
- Replies: 7
- Views: 12903
Finding the ropes
Hello Garvin,
Thanks for your advice relating to Serendipity. I have been browsing the manuals per your suggestion. I am still mixed up on somethings, like:
I have set up serendipity, but because I did not know what DBs it expected, I was getting errors left - right and center. When I setup the DB ...
Thanks for your advice relating to Serendipity. I have been browsing the manuals per your suggestion. I am still mixed up on somethings, like:
I have set up serendipity, but because I did not know what DBs it expected, I was getting errors left - right and center. When I setup the DB ...
- Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:35 am
- Forum: Development
- Topic: What is Serendipity?
- Replies: 7
- Views: 12903
What is Serendipity?
Hello Bofins,
I need a crash course on what Serendipity is, and what I can achieve with it!
This may sound a naive question, but I have not come across any documentation that properly outline what it is, and what you can achieve with it. I have seen the well designed templates (format .tpl ) but ...
I need a crash course on what Serendipity is, and what I can achieve with it!
This may sound a naive question, but I have not come across any documentation that properly outline what it is, and what you can achieve with it. I have seen the well designed templates (format .tpl ) but ...