Search found 43 matches
- Fri May 22, 2009 3:02 pm
- Forum: Plugins
- Topic: Issues with Freetag Plugin
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2287
Re: Issues with Freetag Plugin
i was imagining it would be like the related links and only show up on the detail pages. anyway, thanks for the info!
- Fri May 22, 2009 3:43 am
- Forum: Plugins
- Topic: Issues with Freetag Plugin
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2287
Re: Issues with Freetag Plugin
After fiddling around with it a bit, I got the display of the tags working. So now I just have a question about the flash tag cloud -- exactly how is it supposed to work? I got it so it shows a flash tag cloud in the sidebar of all the tags for the site... is it possible to display a flash tag cloud ...
- Thu May 21, 2009 6:26 pm
- Forum: Plugins
- Topic: Issues with Freetag Plugin
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2287
Issues with Freetag Plugin
This is probably because I'm using it wrong, but here's the problem I'm having:
I would like each entry to list 5 related articles at the bottom of the body as well as a Flash cloud tag of all the tags for that particular entry.
I have gotten the related articles to show up, but only in the footer ...
I would like each entry to list 5 related articles at the bottom of the body as well as a Flash cloud tag of all the tags for that particular entry.
I have gotten the related articles to show up, but only in the footer ...
- Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:51 am
- Forum: General discussions
- Topic: RSS Feed in Google Reader shows old posts?
- Replies: 17
- Views: 9502
Re: RSS Feed in Google Reader shows old posts?
I'm still testing it and will need to keep an eye on it for a while, but I think I found a fix. I'm running the feed through feedburner, I set it to 'force' feedburner in the options and I edited the page.tpl to reference the feedburner url instead of the normal file. As far as I can tell ...
- Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:51 pm
- Forum: General discussions
- Topic: RSS Feed in Google Reader shows old posts?
- Replies: 17
- Views: 9502
Re: RSS Feed in Google Reader shows old posts?
I looked into the problem a little further, and think I know what the problem is -- but have no clue how to fix it. In case it sparks any thoughts in you, here's what I just posted to the Google Forums, which explains what I think is going on.
--------
The problem cropped up again today, so I've ...
--------
The problem cropped up again today, so I've ...
- Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:00 am
- Forum: General discussions
- Topic: RSS Feed in Google Reader shows old posts?
- Replies: 17
- Views: 9502
Re: RSS Feed in Google Reader shows old posts?
here's what I posted at the Google forums, with no response from anyone. any ideas on where else i could look for help or how to contact them? thanks!
For quite a while now the RSS feed for my blog has been acting very
strangely, but only within Google Reader. Whenever I create a new
blog post ...
For quite a while now the RSS feed for my blog has been acting very
strangely, but only within Google Reader. Whenever I create a new
blog post ...
- Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:54 pm
- Forum: Plugins
- Topic: Similar articles by tags
- Replies: 9
- Views: 5232
Re: Similar articles by tags
quick question about this plugin --
why do the tags and related links only show on the article detail/extended view page? is it impossible to make the related links show on in the summary view (i.e., on the homepage)?
thanks!
why do the tags and related links only show on the article detail/extended view page? is it impossible to make the related links show on in the summary view (i.e., on the homepage)?
thanks!
- Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:12 pm
- Forum: General discussions
- Topic: RSS Feed in Google Reader shows old posts?
- Replies: 17
- Views: 9502
Re: RSS Feed in Google Reader shows old posts?
No reply over at google, so I ran the tests you suggested and here are the results.
Newsgator -- everything works perfectly fine there. No issues at all.
Google, normal RSS feed -- newest post at the top, a one year old post is 2nd.
Google, the RSS url you suggested in your last post ...
Newsgator -- everything works perfectly fine there. No issues at all.
Google, normal RSS feed -- newest post at the top, a one year old post is 2nd.
Google, the RSS url you suggested in your last post ...
- Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:22 am
- Forum: General discussions
- Topic: RSS Feed in Google Reader shows old posts?
- Replies: 17
- Views: 9502
Re: RSS Feed in Google Reader shows old posts?
Today I posted a new article, and once again a year old post showed up as new. I ran my RSS feed through the validator that Google suggests, and it validated fine... so I'm fairly certain the problem is on their end. I'm posting to their forums to see if they have any suggestions. The problem ...
- Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:44 pm
- Forum: General discussions
- Topic: RSS Feed in Google Reader shows old posts?
- Replies: 17
- Views: 9502
Re: RSS Feed in Google Reader shows old posts?
The problem is when you remove your URL from feedreader and re-add it, google will still use the contents from your old blog.
The Google-Reader should treat this as a special URL and hopefully reindex your page. If this feed then properly works, we can go on further from there.
You are very ...
- Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:37 pm
- Forum: General discussions
- Topic: RSS Feed in Google Reader shows old posts?
- Replies: 17
- Views: 9502
Re: RSS Feed in Google Reader shows old posts?
Ok, I fixed the CSS problem and the feed is working normally again. I need that Smarty plugin for a post where I use a PHP slideshow... I couldn't find another way to do it. I'm sure there is another way, but PHP isn't my thing. In any case, it's working.
I removed my own site from google reader ...
I removed my own site from google reader ...
- Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:32 pm
- Forum: General discussions
- Topic: RSS Feed in Google Reader shows old posts?
- Replies: 17
- Views: 9502
Re: RSS Feed in Google Reader shows old posts?
When trying to take the screenshots, I ran across two interesting things -- one that might need to be dealt with before I can post the screens.
1) The articles that show up all seem to be almost exactly one year old. Is the year being saved incorrectly (or is googlereader reading it incorrectly ...
1) The articles that show up all seem to be almost exactly one year old. Is the year being saved incorrectly (or is googlereader reading it incorrectly ...
- Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:50 am
- Forum: General discussions
- Topic: RSS Feed in Google Reader shows old posts?
- Replies: 17
- Views: 9502
Re: RSS Feed in Google Reader shows old posts?
Hi!
You might want to enable the option "Strict RFC26blabla compliance" in the s9y configuration. This disabled a feature for getting specific items due to a timestamp in the HTTP request; seems to me, Google Reader is not setting the proper HTTP headers and thus mixup new items...
Regards ...
You might want to enable the option "Strict RFC26blabla compliance" in the s9y configuration. This disabled a feature for getting specific items due to a timestamp in the HTTP request; seems to me, Google Reader is not setting the proper HTTP headers and thus mixup new items...
Regards ...
- Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:29 am
- Forum: General discussions
- Topic: RSS Feed in Google Reader shows old posts?
- Replies: 17
- Views: 9502
Re: RSS Feed in Google Reader shows old posts?
That fixed it. Thanks!
- Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:32 am
- Forum: General discussions
- Topic: RSS Feed in Google Reader shows old posts?
- Replies: 17
- Views: 9502
RSS Feed in Google Reader shows old posts?
While I don't see it when I open the RSS feed directly in Firefox, Google Reader keeps throwing in old posts as 'new' into my site's feed. I am not the only person who sees this, and it's rather confusing. These are not posts I've edited and resaved or ones that have recently received comments, so I ...