Maybe you can help to port some important plugins to use Smarty templates? Then we could do some benchmark tests.
Sure. I am willing to help, not only to complain. :wink:
I will do that and come back to you then.
Smarty Templates are only compiled once, but to execute a parsed template still ...
Search found 12 matches
- Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:29 pm
- Forum: General discussions
- Topic: Templates
- Replies: 9
- Views: 10265
- Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:53 pm
- Forum: General discussions
- Topic: Templates
- Replies: 9
- Views: 10265
- Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:05 pm
- Forum: General discussions
- Topic: Templates
- Replies: 9
- Views: 10265
- Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:00 pm
- Forum: General discussions
- Topic: Templates
- Replies: 9
- Views: 10265
Thanks for the answer Garvin. :)
I was mainly talking about the plugins output. For example, the Amazon Affiliate Plugin has hard coded HTML. You may say that it is not an official plugin and that's true. But an official plugin like the one that manage the categories has also hard coded HTML. BTW ...
I was mainly talking about the plugins output. For example, the Amazon Affiliate Plugin has hard coded HTML. You may say that it is not an official plugin and that's true. But an official plugin like the one that manage the categories has also hard coded HTML. BTW ...
- Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:39 pm
- Forum: General discussions
- Topic: Templates
- Replies: 9
- Views: 10265
Templates
Hello,
I am not currently using Serendipity because of some things that were annoying me in the way it works. One of the major ones was the way templates were handled.
When I heard that the 0.8 release will feature Smarty support I thought I was about to switch but after a little bit of testing I ...
I am not currently using Serendipity because of some things that were annoying me in the way it works. One of the major ones was the way templates were handled.
When I heard that the 0.8 release will feature Smarty support I thought I was about to switch but after a little bit of testing I ...
- Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:49 pm
- Forum: Installation
- Topic: mod_rewrite
- Replies: 4
- Views: 7623
I have another question regarding mod_rewrite: is there a way to change the URL layout ?
I currently have a blog with friendly URL. One if the reasons that made me choose this kind of URL is that they do not change even if the application logic change. That's why I want to keep my URL layout. :)
I ...
I currently have a blog with friendly URL. One if the reasons that made me choose this kind of URL is that they do not change even if the application logic change. That's why I want to keep my URL layout. :)
I ...
- Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:36 pm
- Forum: Installation
- Topic: Syndication
- Replies: 3
- Views: 6623
- Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:30 pm
- Forum: Installation
- Topic: Templates
- Replies: 2
- Views: 5390
- Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:29 pm
- Forum: Installation
- Topic: mod_rewrite
- Replies: 4
- Views: 7623
Hi Garvin,
here you can find my test installation.
I only choose "Use Apache mod_rewrite" option in the URL rewriting combobox. Am I supposed to do more ? I have found no documentation regarding this.
here you can find my test installation.
I only choose "Use Apache mod_rewrite" option in the URL rewriting combobox. Am I supposed to do more ? I have found no documentation regarding this.
- Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:06 pm
- Forum: Installation
- Topic: Syndication
- Replies: 3
- Views: 6623
Syndication
Is there a reason for the RSS 2.0 being the only syndication format which provides a feed for comments ? 
- Wed Apr 21, 2004 3:05 pm
- Forum: Installation
- Topic: mod_rewrite
- Replies: 4
- Views: 7623
mod_rewrite
With release 0.6rc1 I can not get the mod_rewrite mode working for URL rewriting.
This Apache module is installed and working on my box since I use it in my current site but when I activate it in Serendipity, most of the links are broken.
The server does not find existing files.
When I use the ...
This Apache module is installed and working on my box since I use it in my current site but when I activate it in Serendipity, most of the links are broken.
The server does not find existing files.
When I use the ...
- Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:59 pm
- Forum: Installation
- Topic: Templates
- Replies: 2
- Views: 5390
Templates
Hi, I am planning to switch to Serendipity but I am facing some problems.
I also have some feature requests. :D
So let's start with the templates. My site is made of valid XHTML 1.0 Strict and valid CSS2.
AFAIK there is no way to change the HTML head. The default head provides a HTML 4.01 ...
I also have some feature requests. :D
So let's start with the templates. My site is made of valid XHTML 1.0 Strict and valid CSS2.
AFAIK there is no way to change the HTML head. The default head provides a HTML 4.01 ...