Is there a way to have the PHP mail function point directly to an external SMTP server for outgoing messages, including authentication (user name and password)? If so, please post some of the syntax, and tell me where to put it (which file and where in the file).
After a change like that, does PHP ...
Search found 10 matches
- Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:56 am
- Forum: Installation
- Topic: Changing Outgoing Email Server
- Replies: 16
- Views: 13001
- Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:29 am
- Forum: Installation
- Topic: Changing Outgoing Email Server
- Replies: 16
- Views: 13001
Plugin still not working
I've tried adding the root user with an email address of root@localhost and root@mydomain. I've also tried bogus usernames at mydomain and at localhost.
Then I've looked at several of the SurgeMail logs (mail.log, smtp.log, send.log, mon.log, etc.) in the /usr/local/surgemail/ directory. In these ...
Then I've looked at several of the SurgeMail logs (mail.log, smtp.log, send.log, mon.log, etc.) in the /usr/local/surgemail/ directory. In these ...
- Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:31 am
- Forum: Installation
- Topic: Changing Outgoing Email Server
- Replies: 16
- Views: 13001
BTY - I'm still trying to accomplish this. I do not run Sendmail, but Surgemail instead.
I have the user self-regristration plugin installed, but the email never gets delivered when I test it. SO, I thought it might be the dynamic IP address problem.
So, any ideas on what should be added to which ...
I have the user self-regristration plugin installed, but the email never gets delivered when I test it. SO, I thought it might be the dynamic IP address problem.
So, any ideas on what should be added to which ...
- Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:26 pm
- Forum: Installation
- Topic: Changing Outgoing Email Server
- Replies: 16
- Views: 13001
- Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:18 pm
- Forum: Installation
- Topic: Changing Outgoing Email Server
- Replies: 16
- Views: 13001
Changing Outgoing Email Server
Hi everyone
Is there any way to change the outgoing email server that Serendipity uses? Because I have a dynamic IP address, I have to use a different mail server for outgoing mail, or else a lot does not get delivered (dynamic IPs are not trusted).
I'm running my own mail server, but only using ...
Is there any way to change the outgoing email server that Serendipity uses? Because I have a dynamic IP address, I have to use a different mail server for outgoing mail, or else a lot does not get delivered (dynamic IPs are not trusted).
I'm running my own mail server, but only using ...
- Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:17 am
- Forum: Plugins
- Topic: Cannot find Spartacus
- Replies: 4
- Views: 3623
- Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:47 pm
- Forum: Plugins
- Topic: Event plugin launcher.
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4228
Good info, but...
Can you refresh us for the newbies as to where we make this memory setting??
Thanks!
Thanks!
- Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:44 pm
- Forum: Plugins
- Topic: Cannot find Spartacus
- Replies: 4
- Views: 3623
Thanks for that information!
That brings me to my 2nd problem - on my newely installed site, some pages will not show, but instead gives me the "cannot show page" error, with the following:
64 - Host not available
This does not happen if I choose to see the list of uninstalled Sidebar plug ins, but it DOES happen when I try ...
64 - Host not available
This does not happen if I choose to see the list of uninstalled Sidebar plug ins, but it DOES happen when I try ...
- Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:10 pm
- Forum: Plugins
- Topic: Cannot find Spartacus
- Replies: 4
- Views: 3623
Cannot find Spartacus
Hi everyone!
I believe I installed Spartacus - at least it is listed under my installed plugins - but I cannot find it anywhere. Should there be a link to Spartacus somewhere on the main page or the administration page??
Thanks,
I believe I installed Spartacus - at least it is listed under my installed plugins - but I cannot find it anywhere. Should there be a link to Spartacus somewhere on the main page or the administration page??
Thanks,
- Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:31 pm
- Forum: General discussions
- Topic: Just a real Beginner's Question
- Replies: 1
- Views: 2203
Just a real Beginner's Question
Hi Everyone, forgive me if this has been asked before, and I know it is pretty basic.
I've installed Serendipity on a Linux server at home (running Apache and MySQL). Installation was a breeze, and everything seems to be working. So, here is my simple question:
My site is called "Boomer Blog,' and ...
I've installed Serendipity on a Linux server at home (running Apache and MySQL). Installation was a breeze, and everything seems to be working. So, here is my simple question:
My site is called "Boomer Blog,' and ...