Search found 15 matches
- Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:39 pm
- Forum: Bugs
- Topic: When importing, commenter emails become public
- Replies: 9
- Views: 6264
- Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:41 am
- Forum: General discussions
- Topic: Importing from Typepad
- Replies: 7
- Views: 4953
Re: Importing from Typepad
Woah, it asks you about the format when you import! Oops, forgot about that! Guess I should pay attention to such things.
Thanks a lot.
Thanks a lot.
- Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:02 am
- Forum: General discussions
- Topic: Importing from Typepad
- Replies: 7
- Views: 4953
Re: Importing from Typepad
Well, s9y is UTF-8, I didn't change the default. And just using Linux's "file" tool, Typepad's export file looks to be UTF-8 as well. And just to confirm it, I took a line with a (tm) symbol alone. It was UTF-8. I removed the (tm) and it was ascii. So I'm pretty sure I'm looking at UTF-8 -> UTF-8.
- Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:41 am
- Forum: Bugs
- Topic: When importing, commenter emails become public
- Replies: 9
- Views: 6264
Re: When importing, commenter emails become public
YL, thanks. I didn't think to check under spam.
But I agree with onli, I think this should be the default as well.
But I agree with onli, I think this should be the default as well.
- Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:24 pm
- Forum: General discussions
- Topic: Importing from Typepad
- Replies: 7
- Views: 4953
Re: Importing from Typepad
Hmm, I noticed that (tm) symbols turn into "¢". Is this a result of the import process? Or is there anything I can do after the fact to fix these characters?
- Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:28 pm
- Forum: Bugs
- Topic: When importing, commenter emails become public
- Replies: 9
- Views: 6264
When importing, commenter emails become public
I imported a blog from typepad, via the MT format. I noticed that old commenters had their email addresses exposed, where they weren't before. In fact I don't see a way to hide it in the admin or the DB, I'm going to just edit the template to take it out.
I know this isn't unexpected behavior as ...
I know this isn't unexpected behavior as ...
- Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:20 am
- Forum: Bugs
- Topic: Import without selecting file creates giant apache error log
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2534
Re: Import without selecting file creates giant apache error
Oh, and Chromium browser.
- Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:07 pm
- Forum: Bugs
- Topic: Import without selecting file creates giant apache error log
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2534
Import without selecting file creates giant apache error log
I'm running apache from Ubuntu's repo, Lucid Lynx. I went to import an old blog, specifically as the MT format. Except, I forgot to select the file, and just hit Import. As I was waiting, before I realized my mistake, I started getting warnings about low disk space on my root partition. Eventually ...
- Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:18 pm
- Forum: General discussions
- Topic: Importing from Typepad
- Replies: 7
- Views: 4953
Re: Importing from Typepad
Well I just tried importing calling it MT, and it ostensibly worked. I do still need to scrape the images somehow though. I don't think I'll need to go the WordPress route then.
Thanks!
Thanks!
- Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:35 am
- Forum: Installation
- Topic: Installing/Upgrading with version control workflow
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4440
Re: Installing/Upgrading with version control workflow
Actually I just found one problem with my method. The configuration includes some absolute paths, and URLs. I'll have to do something about those.
- Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:07 am
- Forum: General discussions
- Topic: Importing from Typepad
- Replies: 7
- Views: 4953
Importing from Typepad
Hi,
I am migrating a blog from Typepad to Serendipity. Serendipity allows an "rss import", but I don't think that typepad supports this. (I would think that one could theoretically import pretty much everything via basic RSS feed, but it sounds like "RSS Export" is something other than a basic RSS ...
I am migrating a blog from Typepad to Serendipity. Serendipity allows an "rss import", but I don't think that typepad supports this. (I would think that one could theoretically import pretty much everything via basic RSS feed, but it sounds like "RSS Export" is something other than a basic RSS ...
- Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:56 pm
- Forum: General discussions
- Topic: Security alerts?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3166
Re: Security alerts?
I definitely considered it. I'm just not in the habit of checking RSS with any regularity so I'd probably miss it. Maybe Google Reader has some sort of "alert" feature...
- Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:54 pm
- Forum: Installation
- Topic: Installing/Upgrading with version control workflow
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4440
Re: Installing/Upgrading with version control workflow
Great! Thanks a lot.
I will consider the automatic SQL bit, though we actually already have a process for running SQL during rollouts, so for our case it still might be easier for me to just copy the new sql statements into that.
I will consider the automatic SQL bit, though we actually already have a process for running SQL during rollouts, so for our case it still might be easier for me to just copy the new sql statements into that.
- Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:45 pm
- Forum: General discussions
- Topic: Security alerts?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3166
Security alerts?
Hi,
I was wondering if there was a way to get alerted to security updates? I signed up for the dev mailing list, should that do the trick?
Thanks!
I was wondering if there was a way to get alerted to security updates? I signed up for the dev mailing list, should that do the trick?
Thanks!
- Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:48 pm
- Forum: Installation
- Topic: Installing/Upgrading with version control workflow
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4440
Installing/Upgrading with version control workflow
Hi,
I'm setting up s9y on an existing site. We have a couple other applications installed already, and we've got version control system for it all. I would like to automate everything as much as possible, so the upgrade process fits into our current process, results are repeatable in staging, etc ...
I'm setting up s9y on an existing site. We have a couple other applications installed already, and we've got version control system for it all. I would like to automate everything as much as possible, so the upgrade process fits into our current process, results are repeatable in staging, etc ...