Search found 14 matches

by Dinges
Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:56 pm
Forum: Installation
Topic: How do I redirect my home page from my install directory....
Replies: 7
Views: 6246

you will need the mod_rewrite mod for iis installed.
by Dinges
Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:53 pm
Forum: Development
Topic: why does serendipity use id-title.html style tags?
Replies: 3
Views: 6128

but if the title is incorrect, it will not fetch the entry :cry:

Is it possible to remove that id?
by Dinges
Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:51 pm
Forum: Development
Topic: serendipity_rewriteURL, serendipity_makePermalink etc.
Replies: 3
Views: 5836

Recreate the category links, recreate the article links
by Dinges
Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:13 pm
Forum: Development
Topic: why does serendipity use id-title.html style tags?
Replies: 3
Views: 6128

why does serendipity use id-title.html style tags?

why does serendipity use id-title.html style tags?

It seems to use both of the params to find the article, but why, you could use either id or name to find the article :lol:
by Dinges
Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:47 pm
Forum: Development
Topic: serendipity_rewriteURL, serendipity_makePermalink etc.
Replies: 3
Views: 5836

serendipity_rewriteURL, serendipity_makePermalink etc.

How to use these to recreate links?
by Dinges
Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:52 pm
Forum: Installation
Topic: How do I redirect my home page from my install directory....
Replies: 7
Views: 6246

I used

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^$ /serendipity/
RewriteRule ^(.*) /serendipity/$1 [L]

To fool the browser that it has to look there, needs mod_rewrite and mod_rewrite support enabled in serendipity, put serendipity browser path to / and change upload path apropriatly. You do not need to ...
by Dinges
Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:32 pm
Forum: General discussions
Topic: url to blog / relative path not working quite as well
Replies: 2
Views: 3212

rewriterules are also handy:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^blog/$ /serendipity/ [L]
RewriteRule ^blog/(.*) /serendipity/$1 [L]

put it in the document root and change serendipity settings, but you should change [L] to [L,QSA] in case you do not use mod_rewrite.
by Dinges
Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:29 pm
Forum: General discussions
Topic: Improving Documentation - Smarty / Embedding is too hard!
Replies: 14
Views: 15313

Garvin, the only comment I was missing within the code was a definition what the functions exactly does and what the result will be and what all the parameters do. I realy miss this.

I could help you write a better doc about s9y various functions, I found out many things allready just by looking at ...
by Dinges
Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:12 pm
Forum: Development
Topic: Template editor.. hmm?
Replies: 5
Views: 8333

Macromedia Homesite/Dreamweaver also supports working via FTP, not having to upload manualy, just save and it is stored on the server.
by Dinges
Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:07 pm
Forum: Plugins
Topic: How to use serendipity_fetchEntries ?
Replies: 6
Views: 5577


<?php

$serendipity['smarty']->register_function('category_listing', 'category_listing');


function category_listing($params, &$smarty) {
global $serendipity;
/*
//Get all categories, subcategories and subcategories and subcategories :P
<< Truncated: Old code to fetch all categories ...
by Dinges
Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:47 pm
Forum: Plugins
Topic: How to use serendipity_fetchEntries ?
Replies: 6
Views: 5577

Nope, I just tried to use that method, it just still gives all categories :(
by Dinges
Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:57 pm
Forum: Plugins
Topic: How to use serendipity_fetchEntries ?
Replies: 6
Views: 5577

Lol, I allready created a query that fetches them all subcategories. Maybe document such things?
by Dinges
Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:39 pm
Forum: Plugins
Topic: How to use serendipity_fetchEntries ?
Replies: 6
Views: 5577

How to use serendipity_fetchEntries ?

I use the serendipity_fetchEntries function to fetch the contents of category, however, it does not support the subcategories to be displayed :(

How should I use the various parameters to get the subcategory listing?
serendipity_fetchEntries(null, false, $params["limit"], false, false, 'timestamp ...
by Dinges
Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:36 pm
Forum: Plugins
Topic: static page plugin
Replies: 98
Views: 74859

Is there a simple way to get all the staticpages to show a template file (to show up in my menu?), just like the categorytabs plugin does?

And what about if I would like a setup like this on my staticpage, what should I do?

Introductory text
---
Latest Post in category x
---
Older Posts in ...