error pls help Warning: Unknown(): open(/tmp/php/sessions/a/

Having trouble installing serendipity?
richard

error pls help Warning: Unknown(): open(/tmp/php/sessions/a/

Post by richard »

i get this error right from the begining and my admin page loops can any one help

Warning: Unknown(): open(/tmp/php/sessions/a/3/d/sess_a3d1f4245de413c4d4b2199734db8112, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (3;/tmp/php/sessions) in Unknown on line 0
romulus
Regular

Post by romulus »

privoxy is a filter proxy mainly designed to filter out ads from web pages you browse. It acts a proxy. I use it myself and I know that privoxy is inserting some javascript and html comments in the websites that he is delivering to your browser.

This error message seems to be a problem with privoxy itself as the tmp partition on the server privoxy is running on seems to be full.

I can assure you that this is no s9y problem as I'm surfing myself the s9y admin area with privoxy as my proxy and I have no problem whatsoever. For a first try you should try to surf the web without a proxy if your provider (or the person who installed privoxy for you) lets you choose. Otherwise you have to contact the responsible one for privoxy.
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Post by garvinhicking »

If it's no privoxy issue, it may be just because of you having set a wrong session.save_path setting. This error is most common on windows servers where you forgot to edit your php.ini file.

As romulus pointed out, this is no serendipity issue, but a problem with your server setup. If you need more help, please describe your setup/components.

Regards,
Garvin,
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/