Plugin Assistance

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
JustinS
Regular

Plugin Assistance

Post by JustinS »

Garvin (seems like you're the only responder):

I'm wanting to create or have a plugin created for me that would allow my visitors to send me a SMS message. Basically what it would be is just like the 'Send a Text Message' forms you see on all of these wireless provider's websites.

You put in your name or phone # then a subject and a message.

All of the above cannot exceed 160 characters. Have like a little box that shows how many characters are remaining that can be used. If they go over notify that the overage will be trunicated. Also have it log the sent messages to the db where you could click on View Sent Msgs or something and it popdown with a list of subjects from previous msgs sent using the form, have it 'email' the msgs to 'mynumber@mobile.att.net' or something.

I dunno if ANYONE is interested in helping me, or possibly putting me in the write direction. I would appreciate it.

Thanks.
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Re: Plugin Assistance

Post by garvinhicking »

Hi Justin!

What you want to have is very similar to the shoutbox plugin.

To have something like that be usable as a plugin, you need access to an SMS provider sending those messages. Do you have such access?

The code itself is easy for any novice PHP programmer to achieve; I have written something similar 3-4 years ago in about 1-2 hours; I can help you with advice, or if you come up with access to a service sending SMS to german mobiles, code it for you ;-)

Regards,
Garvin.
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
fredb86

Cell phone support

Post by fredb86 »

Hi Justin,

I'm interested in adding more cell phone support for serendipity.
Check out my POPfetcher plugin on the plugins page which lets you blog from your cell phone (or anything that can send to a mailbox).

Jason
humara

popfetcher format change

Post by humara »

First, let me say that popfetcher is awesome! I am not a programmer by any stretch of the imagination, so I thought getting it to work was not going to be easy. It was super easy. :)

Anyway, the default is to append the images at the end of the blog. is there an easy way to make it so the images appear at the top of the post with the align=left tag?

thanks

Post by Guest »

Thanks. I spent a lot of time trying to make it very easier to install and use. Of course, that comes at the expense of speed and bulkiness.

At the moment, I just have inline HTML that I use to post the media elements. You can fairly easily edit those yourself, though you must be careful. When we move to Smarty in .8, I'm hoping there is some more elegant way I can handle the layout.

Jason
bjcameron

new user

Post by bjcameron »

Hi,

I am a new user to serendipity and popfetcher. I have searched the forum and the docs.txt for an answer, but to no avail.

Is it possible to setup more than one email account? I want to setup up several accounts and have them go to different categories. Currently, it is setup so that only one account is available to one category.

Make sense?

Thanks for any assistance.

BJ