Mood Plugin

Creating and modifying plugins.
kidgoo
Regular

Post by kidgoo »

I've just committed an update to the mood plugin to CVS, and it should be showing up in Sparatcus soon.

Lots of changes in this version:

Code: Select all

Displaying:
     Frontend displays now use smarty templates for displaying in entries.  (See new template file)
     Adding/Editing a post won't spew out an ugly list of moods,  but a pretty table.
     User configurable display formatting.
     Strips all html tags if displaying in the title.
Can reset all moods to the defaults through My Mood admin.
New option: Outro.
New option: Display Format.  Using {img}, {name}, and {ascii}.
Using the default emoticons shipped with s9y for some of the images.
You can add moods from the New/Edit entry page.
Code cleanup.
Typo fixes (No more "moons.")
A few notes...
If you haven't made changes to the default smilies, it's recommended that you reset the database through the My Moods admin. It will give you access to a (very) few default images. More are on the way, but holy crap there are about 150 moods. It'd go faster I had help ;)

The display formatting option that was added allows you to control the way the mood is display by using 3 variables: {img}, {name}, and {ascii}. You can put these in any order, and have them multiple times (Some people liked {img} {name} {img}). Any html entered will be used UNLESS you have configured it to display in the title. No HTML is allowed in the title (including img tags) so everything html will be stripped out. Also, if an image or ascii doesn't exist for the mood, it will not be displayed.

Hope this is working out well for you guys. Please let me know if there are any problems!
vastneonwolf
Regular

One suggestion

Post by vastneonwolf »

Could you put the moods in a select list instead of check boxes?
kidgoo
Regular

Post by kidgoo »

I actually thought about that, but I decided that check boxes would be easier than a select box for multiple moods. It's amazing how many people don't know that ctrl + click will let you select multiple entries in a select box. I will be happy to add that as an option if enough people want....

Thanks,
Brett
lendulado
Regular

Suggestion

Post by lendulado »

Could the plugin scan a directory and get the images (and more important the names) from there?

Filling +100 moods it's a hard thing :wink:
kidgoo
Regular

Post by kidgoo »

It could, but I'm not sure if that's a very good solution. The best solution would be to have stock images and names supplied, which I'm working on. But as you said, filling +100 moods is a hard thing :)

I am planning a way to use image packs that can be downloaded and extracted into the plugin's img directory to provide the images, but I'm not sure I see the benefits of reading a directory for the emotion names. Did you have something specific in mind for that?

The next release (Real Soon Now (tm)) will have most of the "basic" emotions with images...
MySchizoBuddy
Regular

Post by MySchizoBuddy »

kidgoo wrote:
Did you have any sets specifically in mind?
yes these would be nice
Buttery
The Blacy
POPO

thanks in advance :)

Post by Guest »

MySchizoBuddy wrote:
kidgoo wrote:
Did you have any sets specifically in mind?
yes these would be nice
Buttery
The Blacy
POPO

thanks in advance :)
Thanks...They look good!

I'll look into implementing them as downloadable image packs for the Next Version. The only problem with using non-original works is displaying copyright information and credit, as most of them request.

Without much thinking, I would probably just add to the footer of each entry a small credit and copyright notice if the image pack requires it. Anyone have any thoughts about this?
kidgoo
Regular

Post by kidgoo »

Anonymous wrote: I'll look into implementing them as downloadable image packs for the Next Version. The only problem with using non-original works is displaying copyright information and credit, as most of them request.

Without much thinking, I would probably just add to the footer of each entry a small credit and copyright notice if the image pack requires it. Anyone have any thoughts about this?
grawr...that was me. Login must have timed out...

Brett
tina
Regular

errors with My Mood

Post by tina »

Again I am fairly new with s9y, I've looked and I didn't seem to find anyone else with this problem. But when I turn on My Mood, I get an invalid error for foreach. I am using 0.8.2 of the software. I'm wondering if maybe I just don't have something set up correctly. I've tried it with both the wysiwyg and regular editors and receive the same error.
kidgoo
Regular

Post by kidgoo »

Hi Tina,

Could you copy exactly the error and tell me when you get it? (When trying to post, when previewing, on the new entry page, etc...) Also, what version of the plugin are you using?

It should work with either editor...

Brett
tina
Regular

Post by tina »

Hi Brett,

Thank you for your reply. I got it working, it turned out I was missing the mymood.tpl file once I copied that file to the folder it started working fine. For some reason it appears that file did not come along for the ride when I originally downloaded the plugin.

I did some digging, I found a link in this topic for another topic, that topic had a link to your web site, and in there I found a link to the repository of the files whew lol.

Tina
kidgoo
Regular

Post by kidgoo »

Tina,

Hrm...Can you tell me which file you downloaded from my website? You might not want to do that, because it wouldn't be the most up-to-date version...Actually, I thought I had removed all of them...

How did you try to install it the first time? If you were using spartacus, the .tpl file should have been downloaded with it.

Brett
tina
Regular

Post by tina »

Hi Brett,

I found the tpl file here:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/p ... nt_mymood/

Is that one ok to use? It seems to be working on our site so far. I did originally get the plug in from Spartacus, but I have noticed several times that the connection is kind of shaky so maybe I lost connection half way through or something. I would assume that is the case if no one else has reported any problems.

Tina
kidgoo
Regular

Post by kidgoo »

Tina,

Yeah, this file is perfectly fine to use. The connection to sourceforge servers is somethings less than perfect, so unless I get more complaints, let's assume that was the problem. ;)

Thanks,
Brett
Ripper^^
Regular

Post by Ripper^^ »

this being an old thread i was just curious if anyone ever came up with some good alternatives to the nine current mood pictures?

Ripper^^