Gallery Plugin Question

Creating and modifying plugins.
n2ition
Regular

Gallery Plugin Question

Post by n2ition »

I have installed the UserGallery plugin and am very happy with it but was wondering if there was a way to change how many thumbnails across it displays. Right now it shows only 2 across and there is room on my page for at least 4.

Also is there a way to change the default on how many thumbnails it shows when the page loads. Both in media manager and the gallery the default is 8 and I would like the default to be around 20 instead without always having to change it.
The good news is the bad news is wrong! Random Kindness Project
mgroeninger
Regular

Post by mgroeninger »

Thanks for reminding me! I've been meaning to add a configuration for the number of colums for a while... :)

I just updated CVS for this feature. If you want to test it before CVS gets updated you can download a copy from http://www.theledge.net/uploads/serendi ... ery.tar.gz

As far as the default number of thumbnails I don't have an easy way to configure it in the plugin (I might have some idea, but it is kind of a hack and I want to play with it more before I implement it...)

The easiest way is to change the link you have users click to something like this:
http://www.example.com/index.php?serend ... perpage=20

That will default to showing 20 per page...

That plugin still needs lots of work, particularly when used with files other then images...
If you have any suggestions please let me know!
n2ition
Regular

Post by n2ition »

Perfect...this is just what I wanted. I didn't have any luck with link to select default number of photos, but I probably just typed it wrong.

If you want to see your plugin in action you can see it at my site.

www.n2ition.com

Thanks again!

PS. I may throw a couple of other ideas your way because I am a complete PHP moron but am completely addicted to s9y!
n2ition
Regular

Post by n2ition »

ooooh I already have one other suggestion. Can you have the full size picture pull up in a popup window or centered on the page?
mgroeninger
Regular

Post by mgroeninger »

I was wrong about the query string you need to use to change the gallery display... try this instead:

/index.php?serendipity[subpage]=gallery&serendipity[sortorder][perpage]=20

I wont have a chance to work on the plugin much for a little while... But I will try to make small improvements when I get a chance..

Your site (and your house) looks neat! Thanks for sharing!
(I can see what you mean about centering the picture though.. it kind of spoils your effect)
n2ition
Regular

Post by n2ition »

Thanks so much for the query string. It's works great!

Don't worry about my other requests right now. If I come up with any ideas I'll continue to post them here. Just be sure that when you are ready to work on the plugin again you give me a reply at this posting so I know to download the latest.

Thanks for all your help! :D