CATCHPA for comments

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
deadpoeticstar
Regular

CATCHPA for comments

Post by deadpoeticstar »

i think it would be a good feature or a plugin if CATCHPA was used for comments and trackbacks
Harald Weingaertner
Regular

Re: CATCHPA for comments

Post by Harald Weingaertner »

deadpoeticstar wrote:i think it would be a good feature or a plugin if CATCHPA was used for comments and trackbacks
Isn't this included? I have Captchas for comments and i don't understand how to use Captchas for Trackbacks... Trackbacks are sent automatic, as far as i understand...

Myabe the Captchas are part of the Spam-Plugin. Have you tried this plugin?
deadpoeticstar
Regular

Post by deadpoeticstar »

first im not to familiar with track backs cause before i created my own i was with myspace and xanga and never heard of track backs

second i have ALL 3 spam controllers downloaded from Spartacus and havent noticed it from either one of them
mgroeninger
Regular

Post by mgroeninger »

Um... You have catchpas on your page for comments...
check http://crazynlazy.com/blog/comment.php? ... ]=comments
(I assume that is your site, since it is in your signiture.)

You might have to scroll down a bit. I assume that if you haven't seen them before you have the setting "Force captchas after how many days" set to a number greater than zero in the "Spam Protector" plugin. I found that seven days worked for a long time to prevent problems, but I have recently had to move to two days...

For trackbacks there is no reason (and no way) to provide a catchpa because it will _always_ be an automated system requesting the trackback.
deadpoeticstar
Regular

Post by deadpoeticstar »

whoops missed them again...lol thanks and yes thats my site