Problem with upgrade from .7-rc1 to .7-Release

Having trouble installing serendipity?
sn3ak

Problem with upgrade from .7-rc1 to .7-Release

Post by sn3ak »

Let me first start, by thanking all the Serendipity Developers. You guys have an excellent product. I was going to write my own blog software when I stumbled across Serendipity and fell in love with it. Good job, and keep up the great work!

Now, after running upgrade.sh (changing paths/user/db/etc, like normal) I go to access the site to finish any upgrade procedures, and get a blank page. At first it was a permission problem, I got that fixed, but the remaining error I have been unable to fix is this:

[Sat Nov 13 11:16:22 2004] [error] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function event_hook() on a non-object in /path/to/serendipity_plugin_api.php on line 408

I am running on apache with php 5.01, I am currently upgrading to 5.02 to see if that resolves the issue.. Otherwise, does anyone know what might be causing this? As far as I remember, I am just using the default plugins, and have not installed any additional.

TIA.
-Sn3ak
sn3ak

Problem 'fixed'

Post by sn3ak »

After upgrading to 5.0.2, I had the same problem, I just decided to delete everything from _plugins, and things go back to working, just minus my configuration.