archives folder is empty

Having trouble installing serendipity?
Kevin

archives folder is empty

Post by Kevin »

So, I've gotten Serendipity installed, and after figuring out that I need to go to /serendipity_entries.php in order to add an entry, it looks like I have it working...

But when I go to click on a day in the calendar or on the topic (or the comments link) it points to a file in the /archives/ directory, which doesn't exist.

I've checked the file permissions and for some reason it's listed as being owned by apache and has mod 775. Most of the other files have 644 and the other directories have 755.

I'm guessing that these .html files are supposed to be automatically created when I make an entry, but for some reason they're not being made. Maybe it's a user other than apache trying to make the .html files but I don't have access to chmod the archives directory.

I removed the directory, and mkdir'd it again... so now it's in my name and I can chmod it... but now I get a different error: 403 forbidden

and the archives directory is still empty.

is it my .htaccess file doing this?
Thomas
Regular

Post by Thomas »

Hi Kevin,

that's true, the archive folder is empty - it is so.
The magic is the errordocument directive in the .htaccess. s9y splits the referrer of the requested, not existing document and splits the parts in pieces in that way that it displays the correct way.

HTH, regards, Thomas
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Post by garvinhicking »

In addition to what Thomas pointed out correctly: Check your "rewrite" setting in the Serendipity Configuration screen. You seem to need to set it to "No rewriting" instead of "apache errorhandling", since your setup doesn't allow for redirection...

Regards,
Garvin.
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/