Admin Interface Weirdness -- path problems?

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
don0don
Regular

Admin Interface Weirdness -- path problems?

Post by don0don »

I am having some problems with the admin interface for a blog on a site hosted on GoDaddy. The images for the toggle switches (plus and minus signs) don't display and the WYSIWYG editor won't display. I'm thinking the problem is probably related to paths, but have been unable to figure out what corrections need to be made.

The blog page is here: http://www.capitolcraftsman.com/blog/index.php
(There is another weirdness with this URL -- if you don't include the "index.php", the browser won't look for it by default, even though the Index Page is correctly configured as "index.php" on the Configuration page of the admin interface.)

The full and absolute path on the GoDaddy host is:
/home/content/c/a/p/capitol123/html/blog/

I have created an admin user account for you, if you want to check this out for yourself:

U/N: techie
P/W: 1help1 <--- those are numeral ones, not lower case "L"s

So, my two goals are 1) to get the path issues sorted out so that all the images on the admin interface display correctly, and 2) to get the WYSIWYG editor functioning properly (possibly this will get fixed when the path problems are sorted out).

Thanks!

Don
yellowled
Regular

Re: Admin Interface Weirdness -- path problems?

Post by yellowled »

don0don wrote:The images for the toggle switches (plus and minus signs) don't display and the WYSIWYG editor won't display.
Do you have Javascript disabled in your browser? Both the switches and the editor will only work with JS enabled.

YL
don0don
Regular

Post by don0don »

yellowled wrote:
don0don wrote:The images for the toggle switches (plus and minus signs) don't display and the WYSIWYG editor won't display.
Do you have Javascript disabled in your browser? Both the switches and the editor will only work with JS enabled.

YL
No, JS is not disabled -- and I have tried different browsers. Same result.

Don
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

Could it be simple permissions issue folders? When I try to directly hit files I should be able to, I get errors. ie, http://www.capitolcraftsman.com/blog/te ... llback.css. You are also displaying alt text for all the admin images, so either they do not exist, or the permissions are incorrect.
=Don=
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

Also, although unrelated to your current issue, you should upgrade to serendipity 1.5.5. Read why here.
=Don=
VideoRob
Regular

Post by VideoRob »

I get problems like this all the time. Usually when I click back it works ok.