Double the servers is double the fun!

jhermanns
Site Admin

Double the servers is double the fun!

Post by jhermanns »

The nice folks of AOE media GmbH offered to sponsor the s9y project with another dedicated server, which arrived today. I spent the day installing the base system, setting up mysql replication through a vpn between the two servers, and stuff like that. So for those of you who noticed a downtime today, it was a planned one (and also un-announced ;-), that I used to copy a snapshot of the s9y.org and supersized.org databases over to the new server. I hope it didn't cause too much trouble for you, but this made future work/load-distribution over the servers a lot easier. All the s9y.org-webserver-responsiveness-jazz of the last months should ease up a little over the next few months. Finally ;)
Last edited by jhermanns on Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carl_galloway
Regular

Post by carl_galloway »

grrr, I couldn't get my daily s9y fix, was starting to get withdrawal symptoms, but it was a nice surprise to read about a new server, yeehah!
jhermanns
Site Admin

Post by jhermanns »

So, does the s9y.org site feel a lot faster since I added a server? For me, it's loading up super fast again. Looking at the system stats seconds this. Here's a graph showing the server load over the last few weeks:

Yay! :P