Brainstorming: What do we "need" template-wise?

Skinning and designing Serendipity (CSS, HTML, Smarty)
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

garvinhicking wrote:An option would be to also host a bulletproof-colorset collection on spartacus?
I think it makes much more sense to provide them individually so people don't have to download loads of colorsets they don't actually want. Just my 2 cents :)

YL
judebert
Regular

Post by judebert »

yellowled wrote:Erm ... just one thing ... we usually don't put colorsets into the BP core distribution (i.e. the svn repo) to keep the core BP lean and tidy. We have a download section for those on s9y-bulletproof.com, and you're of course welcome to make your colorset available for download there.
Whoops! Newbie mistake. I haven't been working with BP the way you guys have.

Can Garvin just reject the criterion* files, or should I svn delete them?

I'll be happy to submit to s9y-bulletproof.com. I recommend modifying BP's SPARTACUS description (perhaps the "author" field?) to indicate that more colorsets are available there, and adding a link in the BP template configuration.

Garvin, we really need to do something with the SPARTACUS display for themes. That other blog has us beat: they have multiple size previews, descriptions, tags, and filtering.
Judebert
---
Website | Wishlist | PayPal
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Post by garvinhicking »

Hi!
Can Garvin just reject the criterion* files, or should I svn delete them?
He could, but he would prefer if maybe judebert finds the time to do so, cause my SSH console is screwed right now :-/
Garvin, we really need to do something with the SPARTACUS display for themes. That other blog has us beat: they have multiple size previews, descriptions, tags, and filtering.
Yeah, technically I don't see a problem with that. We already have those fullsize previews that you can click on, maybe the coding could easily be changed to display fullsize previews in the overview already, if people want that...?

Regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

I need to take a closer look before drawing any conclusions and will do that asap.

However, let me at least point out that any commits need to occur to both /trunk and /branch/1.3/.
=Don=
judebert
Regular

Post by judebert »

Darn it.

I just finished deleting from trunk. I didn't even know there WAS a 1.3 branch. I'll get on that next.

Should be done by the end of the day, 0300GMT tomorrow (10PM today my time).
Judebert
---
Website | Wishlist | PayPal