Generating Mobile Version of My Website

Skinning and designing Serendipity (CSS, HTML, Smarty)
budgetbabe
Regular

Generating Mobile Version of My Website

Post by budgetbabe »

I'd like to go about creating a (very simple) mobile version of my site. I don't know where to begin. Is there a mobile theme I could use? I apologize if this has already been discussed elsewhere but I was unable to locate any information on the topic. Thanks!
yellowled
Regular

Re: Generating Mobile Version of My Website

Post by yellowled »

budgetbabe wrote:I'd like to go about creating a (very simple) mobile version of my site. I don't know where to begin. Is there a mobile theme I could use?
There are two approaches to this.

There is a plugin called Markup: Mobile Output (serendipity_event_mobile_output) which detects mobile devices and basically emits a different theme for those. As far as I can tell, the plugin is not actively maintained. The visuals are rather, well, limited.

Then there are so called “responsive” themes – namely 2k11 (which is the new default theme for s9y blogs) and resy. Those have been designed to work with (hopefully) any screen resolution without an additional plugin. I may be biased, but I'd recommend to check out 2k11 first, especially since it's pretty easy to customize.

YL
budgetbabe
Regular

Post by budgetbabe »

I'm going to check out 2k11 - sounds exactly like the type of solution I was looking for. Thank you so much!
onli
Regular

Post by onli »

Shameless self-plug: The photo-theme could also work well for you.