Custom theme to match website

Skinning and designing Serendipity (CSS, HTML, Smarty)
meritweb
Regular

Custom theme to match website

Post by meritweb »

I'm looking for someone that can take our s9y blog and customize it so that it looks / feels like the rest of our website. If I can't find it for s9y, then I will be looking to migrate to a different platform.

Can anyone here help me? Would be willing to pay a reasonable amount to get this accomplished.
onli
Regular

Re: Custom theme to match website

Post by onli »

Might be something I could help with (or Don, YL?). Feel free to send me a PM to discuss the details.
Regards
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

I probably won't have any availabilities for freelance jobs for the rest of 2013.

YL
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

How about a link to the root website?
=Don=
meritweb
Regular

Post by meritweb »

Our main website is www.meritsolutions.com. The blog is www.meritsolutions.com/meritmatters/.

My goal is to have the blog look relatively similar to our main site. I don't want it to look like a completely separate website like it does right now. So I am looking for someone that can basically help us embed the code into a template page to make it look like it is a part of our main site (with the same navigation and footer if possible).

I'd also want someone to help get the formatting right - the fonts, sizes, spacing, etc...
ICE
Regular

Post by ICE »

First Integration method:
That should be no problem. Main difficult is the horizontal Navigation Menu. This Menu would be hard-coded in the s9y template. If you change any link in den horizontal Menu in your CMS, you have to update this link by Hand in your s9y template.

If your Navigation changes not so often, then it would be okay. If not, i would prefer an integration without the horizontal Navigation ...

Second Integration method:
http://www.s9y.org/55.html