Problems with the user.css of 2k11

Skinning and designing Serendipity (CSS, HTML, Smarty)
linux4ever
Regular

Problems with the user.css of 2k11

Post by linux4ever »

Hello,
I have 2k11 installed on my blog. I notices that the lists don't look very nice (my opinion) like in this post: Link. I changed them manually in another post.
Then I wanted to change them generally by adding some css to the user.css. I added this:

Code: Select all

ul {
margin-left:40px;
}

ul li {
padding-bottom: 5px;
}

But sadly nothing changed.

Can anyone help me?

linux4ever
MarioH
Regular

Re: Problems with the user.css of 2k11

Post by MarioH »

Hi,

i'm not sure, but that looks strange:

#Stuff f�r sch�nere Listen ul {
    margin-left: 40px;
}
Maybe you should check the user.css

Regards
Mario
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

linux4ever wrote:Can anyone help me?
Lists in entries shouldn't look the way they look in your entry about “Polly” in the first place. It seems as if you're using an outdated version of 2k11. If I'm not mistaken, a version from 9 months ago. Please update first.

Probably the easiest way to do that is to just use the 2k11 version bundled with s9y and copy your user.css to /templates/2k11/ (assuming you didn't make any changes to other template files, which isn't recommended anyway).

Other than that, the code you posted isn't in your user.css (/templates/yellowled-s9y-2k11-8e617be/user.css in your installation). Did you edit and upload the correct file to that location? Did you maybe forget to save after editing it?

YL
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

MarioH wrote:

#Stuff f�r sch�nere Listen ul {
    margin-left: 40px;
}
Not sure where you got that from, but it's definitely a possible source of error. First of all, it's not properly encoded. Second, comments in CSS need to be on a seperate line, otherwise the selector (ul) is commented out. And third, "#" is not a valid comment delimiter in CSS.

/* Stuff für schönere Listen */
ul { margin-left: 40px; }
YL
MarioH
Regular

Post by MarioH »

Not sure where you got that from
The firebug-plugin in firefox shows me that code in his user.css.
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

MarioH wrote:The firebug-plugin in firefox shows me that code in his user.css.
Interesting – view:source in Chrome and clicking on the user.css there doesn't show that. Might be due to the wrong encoding.

YL
linux4ever
Regular

Post by linux4ever »

Okay, I tried to update the theme like yellowled told me. Now I'm using the default 2k11 with my user css without the list stuff.
The problem: The admin interface still says "Zuletzt aktualisiert: 2012-04-19" and the lists did not change.

linux4ever
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

linux4ever wrote:Okay, I tried to update the theme like yellowled told me. Now I'm using the default 2k11 with my user css without the list stuff. The problem: The admin interface still says "Zuletzt aktualisiert: 2012-04-19" and the lists did not change.
You switched properly as I can see from your blog's source code, but your user.css still doesn't (as far as I can see in Chrome's source view) have any styles for ul/li. Did you correct the wrong comment the way Mario and I pointed out earlier in the user.css?

If you did, try using a different selector in the user.css:

.content ul { margin-left: 40px; }

.content ul li { padding-bottom: 5px; }
Seems as if the 2k11 in 1.6.2 is still a bit outdated - you could use the latest GitHub version, but the fix above should do just the same.

YL
linux4ever
Regular

Post by linux4ever »

Yay, I updated my 2k11 to the version from Github now and everything is working fine.
Thanks for the effort you and Mario put into helping me :-).

linux4ever
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

linux4ever wrote:Yay, I updated my 2k11 to the version from Github now and everything is working fine.
Once Serendipity 1.7 is out, you should switch to the 2k11 version bundled with s9y. There's not much more developement happening (because it's pretty stable already) in 2k11's GitHub repository, but if new commits happen, they could be rather experimental.

YL