Ornate

Skinning and designing Serendipity (CSS, HTML, Smarty)
lstench
Regular

Ornate

Post by lstench »

I really like the theme Ornate. I can't seem to get any photos I insert into the post to show up correctly. http://stenchfamily.net/

Any help would be appreciated.

Lydia
yellowled
Regular

Re: Ornate

Post by yellowled »

lstench wrote:I really like the theme Ornate. I can't seem to get any photos I insert into the post to show up correctly. http://stenchfamily.net/
Well, it does work correctly unless images are floated (positioned left or right to the text using the related options in the s9y media database). That's because this template was coded sloppy because it's not prepared to clear those floats (i.e. state that text should no longer be positioned next to the image).

You'll have to edit your /templates/ornate/style.css file and upload the edited version to said directory. Find the following lines in the style.css and add the lines I added below.

Code: Select all

.post {
    padding: 2em 0 0 0;
    margin-bottom:5em;
    position: relative;
    overflow: hidden
}
and

.post .meta {
    padding: 1em;
    /*background: #FFEDED;*/
    border-bottom: 1px solid #EFE0E0;
    border-top: 1px solid #EFE0E0;
    font-size: .8em;
    clear: both;
}
That should do the trick.

YL
lstench
Regular

Post by lstench »

Yes I have found out that my problem was that the photos must be centered or else it seems to break the theme.

I would like to try your adjustments, would this allow me to use the photos aligned to the left or right?
lstench
Regular

Post by lstench »

Hmm that didn't seem to work either. Tested with the updated style.css and the same as before. Then I tested with updated style.css and aligned center vis the media manager and the photos posted properly.
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

Yes, with the styles applied, it should work with images aligned left or right as well.

Make sure you edit the right style.css file, don't forget to save your changes and upload them to the server. Then, try reloading the page (probably needs a few reloads to bust your browser's cache. If you want to make extra sure, delete all the files in templates_c/, but not templates_c itself. It should work (I tested it live in Chrome), unless maybe you're using a very, very ancient browser.

YL
lstench
Regular

Post by lstench »

Okay that seemed to work. How can I create a space between them? See post test 3.

Oh I forgot to say thank you.

Lydia
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

Add this at the end of your style.css:

.serendipity_image_center { margin: 0 auto 1em; }
.serendipity_image_left { margin: 0 1em 1em 0; }
.serendipity_image_right { margin: 0 0 1em 1em; }
You can try other values instead of 1em, i.e. 15px or something. Depends on how you would like it, but the values should probably always be the same.

YL
lstench
Regular

Post by lstench »

Okay, thank you I will try that.