Presenting a responsive template: RESY

Skinning and designing Serendipity (CSS, HTML, Smarty)
onli
Regular

Re: Presenting a responsive template: RESY

Post by onli »

Hi
Yes, I think you need to download everything to make a pull-request. http://www.cocoanetics.com/2012/01/gith ... l-request/ explains it nicely. If your internet-connection is an issue, we'll help (one of us could fork your template and make the pull-request from their, but it'd probably good if you had this power yourself).
blog.brockha.us
Regular

Post by blog.brockha.us »

Uh! :shock:
A new template and even a new (or yet unknown to me) template coder? This is very welcomed! Thanks for contributing!

Can we see this template live in action anywhere?
- Grischa Brockhaus - http://blog.brockha.us
- Want to make me happy? http://wishes.brockha.us/
codeless
Regular

Post by codeless »

Thank you for the explanations, onli! My internet connection is not an issue; i was rather afraid of downloading tons of megabytes. I was surprised to see the whole additional_themes repo is only about 15 MegaBytes in size (should be noted anywhere on github).
The pull request is already sent and yellowled merged it already, thank you!
So you should be able to import the RESY-theme to your S9Y installation using Spartacus.
A live-Demo will follow very soon!
onli
Regular

Post by onli »

Looking forward to the live-demo. Wanted to build a template myself, and for that being able to merge codeschmiedeO with either 2k11 or resy for a foundation is a good thing, one option more.
codeless
Regular

Post by codeless »

Hello onli! The live-(sort-of)-demo of RESY is now online at http://www.codeless.at/blog. A note in the showcase masterthread has been left...
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

You might want to adjust this page:

http://www.codeless.at/blog/archive

If you need graph bar images, I have them in several different colors: grey, black, blue, green, orange, red, burgundy, purple, gold, brown... perhaps others. If you want them, I can email them to you. I think bulletproof demonstrates how to change the image based on the chosen colorset.
=Don=
codeless
Regular

Post by codeless »

Oh... thank you for the tip and the nice offer about the bar images. To be honest, it's the first time i visit this page ;)
Probably i'll come back to your offer, although i would prefer a solution without images at all. Do you know about such a solution?
onli
Regular

Post by onli »

Are you search for gradient-images?

Btw, don't take this the wrong way: I think that color-scheme could be improved, it's a bit poisonous (and green on green at the entry-titles is not very readable).
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

codeless wrote:Probably i'll come back to your offer, although i would prefer a solution without images at all. Do you know about such a solution?
Removing the pointless graph bar altogether always works very well for me. :mrgreen:

YL
codeless
Regular

Post by codeless »

Well, as a friend of statistics and bars i left those bars intact, but instead of images the template now uses empty div-containers.

Thanks for the input on coloring, onli. I've modified the textcolor in the sidebar accordingly. What i haven't changed are the overall colors for the default colorset. I like such lightning and strong colors. If you enjoy softer colors, you could give the melonsalad colorset a try ;)

Btw.: I've sent a pull-request to s9y/additional_themes on github. Would be glad if someone merged it. Thanks in advance!
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

codeless wrote:Well, as a friend of statistics and bars i left those bars intact, but instead of images the template now uses empty div-containers.
Empty divs are pointless. Then again, so are the graph bar images. :wink:
codeless wrote:Btw.: I've sent a pull-request to s9y/additional_themes on github.
No need to announce pull requests in the forums. Most developers with access to merge them will notice it anyway (probably even faster) through GitHub's notifications system. :)

YL
codeless
Regular

Post by codeless »

M'kay!