Extended Properties feature request

Creating and modifying plugins.
Don Chambers
Regular

Re: Extended Properties feature request

Post by Don Chambers »

Here are my questions now that I have had a good look.

First, why did you change this:

Code: Select all

<?php if (preg_match('/(\.jpg|\.png|\.bmp)$/', $value)) { echo '<figcaption>' . PREVIEW . '</figcaption>'; }?>
to this?

Code: Select all

<?php echo '<figcaption>' . PREVIEW . '</figcaption>'; ?>
I put that in there for a reason. Entry properties CAN be images, but frequently (and possibly more often) are something else. Emitting the caption "Preview" all the time is misleading, which is why my commit only emitted it when the value was determined to be an image. I strongly suggest restoring this.

Next, I like the new div structure a lot better than the former fieldset. Seems cleaner. Great job. So it was a max-width issue with Firefox? Not sure I have every run into an issue where firefox had a bug!
=Don=
yellowled
Regular

Re: Extended Properties feature request

Post by yellowled »

Don Chambers wrote:First, why did you change this:
Because that fits the pattern which is used e.g. in theme options for it. (I was literally comparing the markup to that line by line to spot differences.) However, there the only option is to pick an image, so feel free to revert that. Didn't realize that there could be files chosen here that are not image when I changed it.
Don Chambers wrote:So it was a max-width issue with Firefox? Not sure I have every run into an issue where firefox had a bug!
Yes, as I mentioned before, it's a FF-only bug.

Elements containing responsive images using the Marcotte technique (max-width: 100; height: auto;) must not be a fieldset in FF for the responsive image CSS to work. It's got something to do with how fieldsets in FF currently handle overflow. I guess it actually kind of makes sense because fieldsets are not really supposed to contain images? Then again, fieldsets and legends are a pain in the ass anyway.

YL