Missing plugins

Creating and modifying plugins.
xhidex

Missing plugins

Post by xhidex »

Hello guys,

First of all, want to say thanks to the community for the excellent job that has been done on serendipity, it's look great!
I'm setting up a blog for my wife, (she have a youtube channel, and a e-commerce site) but i'm having some issues on founding the plugins I need...

I'll explain you what I would like to do....

On the right column I would like to have a box where it's shows the lasts youtube videos of her channel (or at least, the possibility, to add manual the videos) and another box with the links on the social networks (fb etc...).
I did search on the site but I could not find any youtube and social network plugins...

can you guys give me an hand?

thxxxxxx
MarioH
Regular

Re: Missing plugins

Post by MarioH »

Hi,

you can use the "HTML-Nugget" - Plugin. There you can place any HTML-Code you want. You can install the plugin as often as you want to place different content.

Regards
Mario
yellowled
Regular

Re: Missing plugins

Post by yellowled »

xhidex wrote:On the right column I would like to have a box where it's shows the lasts youtube videos of her channel (or at least, the possibility, to add manual the videos) and another box with the links on the social networks (fb etc...).
As Mario already stated, whenever there is no specific plugin for a (sidebar) purpose, the HTML Nugget is usually the way to go. Basically, it enables you to insert any piece of HTML that a third-party site (like YouTube) gives you into a “container box” in the sidebar. And because it's what we call “stackable”, you can even have multiple HTML nuggets for various purposes.

However, you would still need some piece of code (those are usually called “widgets”) from said third-party site to insert there. (I'm not sure YouTube provides a widget for this specific purpose.)

Also, keep in mind that any HTML nugget has its own settings (in the Plugins section). Since the HTML nugget can use the WYSIWYG editor (if any is installed in your blog), you will most likely want to disable that for nuggets that include third-party HTML. That's because the WYSIWYG editor will try to “reformat” the HTML code you entered which will lead to side effects.

YL