Media toolbar missing when inserting media into entry

Found a bug? Tell us!!
Don Chambers
Regular

Media toolbar missing when inserting media into entry

Post by Don Chambers »

Personal settings includes the option to "Show toolbar within media selector popup?" This no longer works.
=Don=
yellowled
Regular

Re: Media toolbar missing when inserting media into entry

Post by yellowled »

I assume that's a redundant option in 2.0 we forgot to remove, but I'm not positive. Do you know/remember what kind of toolbar that refers to, by any chance?

YL
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

yellowled wrote:I assume that's a redundant option in 2.0 we forgot to remove, but I'm not positive. Do you know/remember what kind of toolbar that refers to, by any chance?

YL
Same toolbar you see when you clock on "media library". I use that feature frequently - manipulating a media item at the point I am about to insert it into an entry.
=Don=
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

Don Chambers wrote:I use that feature frequently - manipulating a media item at the point I am about to insert it into an entry.
This “sort of” image editor within the media library?!

If so, we chose to drop that thing altogether, or at least to not promote using it in the backend. It was never more than a proof of concept, it was really clumsy to integrate into the new media library overlay …

YL
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

=Don=
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

I'm a bit baffled because I was never aware that those were available in the “Insert media” dialogue (which is probably why we – apparently – overlooked adding them here). Is/was that config option set to “No” by default?

I'm not sure about this. I don't know how hard it would be to add them to the media db overlay. I wouldn't miss them since I never used that feature, and apparently others did not, either (otherwise someone would have reported it during the alpha/beta tests or the RC phase).

Anyone else, thoughts? (I don't have time to address this at the moment anyway, but of course, someone else could have a go at it.)

YL
onli
Regular

Post by onli »

It's misplaced, this is not a pre-setting for new entry, it's a setting :/

I totally missed that as well. Should actually not be difficult to add the options dpeneding on the setting. Issue opened: https://github.com/s9y/Serendipity/issues/281
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

It is a configuration option for each user as to whether to display those buttons or not. I find it to be very valuable, as I can manage media anytime I am inserting something into an entry. I do not have to stop what I am doing (creating an entry), to then go to the media library and manipulate something, then come back to the entry editor.

I also do not think a new s9y version should remove previously available functionality.
=Don=
onli
Regular

Post by onli »

I think you got me wrong. It should be in personal setting, not in personal pre-settings for entries.
I also do not think a new s9y version should remove previously available functionality.
A 2.0 has the right to remove functionality. That is why it's a major update. We changed the way that popup is build completely, so of course functionality can get lost.

However, in this specific case it should be no problem to re-introduce this function.
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

onli wrote:However, in this specific case it should be no problem to re-introduce this function.
Awesome! If there is any way I can help, just let me know!!!
=Don=