from sourceforge : serendipity-1.7.8.tar
file RELEASE content is :
stable:1.7.8
beta:1.7.9-beta1

plugin ckeditor 4.4.3

Running APACHE : 2.4.2
Php : 5.4.6
Server system Windows XP sp3 Pro

I never told about a bug. I just said that, the crash show this, in particular configuration CKEditor was put to difficulties to manage invalid configuration elements (eat bad food).
The fact is simple, as I described it the instances of CKeditor for two panels ("Introduction" which is in fact "body" and "corps" which is "extended" the <i>.element is not defined why ? for now I could not find anything. Todo it I would use the js extended sources, not the compressed code (if I want to use separately the various files - more easy to check - I need to declare them into load files - look how it is done).

I previously report that in this case not explained, an instruction (code in my previous message) uses a method of the class CKEditor on the object without checking if the object is correct. Then we get the crash.

I had for my local version a test and a message which tells : "Error in loading an instance of CKEditor"
when error occur the function return "null" (the normal answer if the method "equals" should answer "not"). This generate the close of the textarea which is shown temporarily while CKEditor is not loaded.

There are three objects the first corresponds to "body" and the third to "extended" after the oK on the message the texarea disappear (while previously they where staying because of the crash)
  1. I have suppressed quite all plugins, keep only those with no relation at all with text editing.
    This don't changes anything.
  2. I have done a full revue of installation parameters
  3. I check the "reaction" when creating error in path : CKEditor is not executed, an enhancement should be an Error message, because then, we keep the textarea.
I can check a full execution for this I have downloaded the extend js source of CKEditor. The lonely solution is to follow with the execution tools the variable object associated to instances, then find which data makes that the <CK instance>= new CKEditor... is not executed <CK instance> is undefined object. The application as object is not instanced.

I have seen somewhere that it can be necessary to defined an Env variable for the system a Path ?, but I could not find it back.
A problem with Windows Env ?

Best regard,

Trebly
Timbalu
Regular

Re: Cannot access to id="XinhaIFrame_serendipity[extended]"

Post by Timbalu »

S9y version is OK. (And I never said it was a bug.)

Oh. I truly don't get what your are trying to describe? It now seems you don't use the plugin as is. In this case, I have to admit, I am not able to help. Is that the case?

Else I would need a list of all plugins still being active and also their order in list. Since I still think there is an interfering plugin with some javascript not being encapsulated enough, preventing CKEditor to start up.

If not this, it may also be a matter of a very old browser, like <= IE8. Some old seem to have troubles with multiple textareas. I googled for the mentioned error: "Error in loading an instance of CKEditor", but there isn't any error exactly like this.

You use which Browser (name and version)?

With the installation of htmlnugget sidebar plugin you can check, if ckeditor is working for a single textarea.
Regards,
Ian

Serendipity Styx Edition and additional_plugins @ https://ophian.github.io/ @ https://github.com/ophian
Trebly
Regular

Post by Trebly »

Hi,
(And I never said it was a bug.)
No I tell that when you say previously :
I asure you Ckeditor is working well, no need to debug that code!
you suppose that I was thinking some element had to be debugged, I have not told such a thing.

You tell :
Oh. I truly don't get what your are trying to describe? It now seems you don't use the plugin as is. In this case, I have to admit, I am not able to help. Is that the case?
What can lead you to suppose that I don't use the plugin as is :
I have just done :
  1. run serendipity installer (and define user use "wysiwyg" and checked later
  2. install "Spartacus" : your advice
  3. install (last in the list) : "CKEditor" with option
  4. install others plugins (27) and later reduce to 16 : see the list in note
You :
I truly don't get what your are trying to describe?
I try to summarize :
  1. When I ran first (and later) serendipity without CKEditor I get by default XINHAI editor
  2. After install of CKEditor, I was just getting textarea with previous content of my first "post" (right word en for "billet" cf. Wikipedia fr and en)
  3. Checking this "F12" told "Error object undefined" see my note about. The reason is that CKEditor tries to executes the "method : 'equals' " on an undefined object (it should be defined). So I have added a test on the existency of the object (the main instances of CKEditor - they are two for each ancient texareas) : I have added two line of code (with message giving result of the test) then the function answers : if object is not defined, it is not valid and do as the case when not valid is defined. This resets a "without crash" normal behavior of CKEditor.
    The result is not display at all for "zones" of CKEditor
  4. Nothing else : so it is necessary to check where and why the main instance of CKEditor are not well created. This must be done by checking a running code (consequently in his extended source version to have a readable code)
My browser is : Google Chrome ... auto update running goes on later Version 37.0.2062.94 m
Timbalu
Regular

Post by Timbalu »

Ok - all the better! ;-) Sorry I misunderstood.
Timbalu wrote:Else I would need a list of all plugins still being active and also their order in list. Since I still think there is an interfering plugin with some javascript not being encapsulated enough, preventing CKEditor to start up.
With the installation of htmlnugget sidebar plugin you can check, if ckeditor is working for a single textarea.
What about the list and the single area test?

For point 3 and 4 of your summary I told you that it is most possibly another plugin.
It is not youtube. I have tested that.

When reading point 2, and I get it right, this tells me there is an "autosave" running.

If you have the autosave plugin installed, this probably is the plugin we are searching for, corrupting ckeditor to start up. It is quite old and does not work with WYSIWYG Editors, only with PLAIN (NON-WYSIWYG) Editor form AFAIK.
Regards,
Ian

Serendipity Styx Edition and additional_plugins @ https://ophian.github.io/ @ https://github.com/ophian
Trebly
Regular

Post by Trebly »

hi,

Right it was "autosave".

Now I will reintroduce other interesting plugins but one by one.

Nevertheless my enhancement to CKEditor is available, with my modified version if something lock CKEditor there is a message during initialization "CKEditor could not start normally (undefined instance of the editor), something locks access to data or data are wrong" and CKEditor stops in a clean manner (not on a crash).

Thanks

Best regards

Trebly

Note : I will summit my enhancement to CKEditor team.
Timbalu
Regular

Post by Timbalu »

Fine we got this sorted out, finally! :)
Regards,
Ian

Trebly
Regular

Post by Trebly »

Hi,

I will go on about the order of plugins and test.

I began by
  • "Markup: clickable email adresses - but with antispam " : if it is after CKEditor it affects the second instance the one of "extended" text, which leads (it seems, details to check) to the previously known error...
  • Billets multilingues (serendipity_event_multilingual) : no effect : link with spellchecker not tested, the box added at the bottom of page include only some particular language and not French, nor current others languages. Where is the use ?
  • etc... see nexts messages for a full check
I have another question, previously set here but not at first subject :
- the full CKEditor parameters are, if I remember much more developed than the plugin parameters which are displayed into "plugins configuration", I looked at CKEditor config.js : may be I will propose and enhanced configurator for CKEditor. For now I directly test changes to the config.js code and CKEditor : CKBuilder.

- particularly the spellchecker should be choosen in my opinion into the serendipity interface, the default value should be (as defined into config inv CKEditor site) "navigator spellchecker"

Code: Select all

config.disableNativeSpellChecker = false;
, if not there is no one. But this doesn't set a right connection with the context menu, the language cannot be set, and there are no proposals for "errors", so nothing usable.

My question is "how to set a "normal, current" spellchecker with the dynamic choice of current language (optionally for whole current text or selected text, supporting several language in same text)

So the installation for my purposes is not ended.

Best regards

Trebly
Timbalu
Regular

Post by Timbalu »

The [ABC] Button with 'enable Scayt' and 'Spellchecker' does work out of the box, without adding additional ckeditor plugins or the need to set some more config options.

http://docs.cksource.com/CKEditor_3.x/U ... l_Checking
http://docs.ckeditor.com/?_escaped_frag ... spellcheck

EDIT: My previous answer was not correct. I removed the incorrect parts.
I doubled checked this on my linux server repositories and found web spell check and Scayt with webspellchecker working just fine. It is connecting to an outdoor service: WebSpellChecker.net. On browsers with restrictions (Noscript and others) you may have problems doing this, which will result in unfinished loads etc. (This is what happened to me.)

To answer your last question: I don't know. I even do not think this is possible. Please see for youself or ask the ckeditor support.
Regards,
Ian

Trebly
Regular

Post by Trebly »

Hi,

Some bad new and questions.

Bad news :
SCAYT :
  1. Unable to make scayt function normally :
    • when activated the tab "langs" (langues) is empty. The corresponding window can be close only with "X" (not "close button" or "OK")
    • I get a "SSRV" time out ?
    • config.js has effect but not on scayt : activated or not in config it has the same behavior
    • many word are underlined (as if default should be english)
    • option in config "

Code: Select all

config.disableNativeSpellChecker = false;
      is chosen and not scayt ctrl+right_click should give access to built-in spellchecker (with google chrome it is Google), but even French is chosen French it doesn't function att all (with scyat unactivated or activated)
  2. Batch SpellChecker is OK

Save intermediate versions :
Previously I had defined the plugin to save dynamically, the motor ran, instances created but empty (error) on top of page and was locking CKEditor...

I activate the plugin "save intermediate versions" : It seems not to have any effect. When I make changes the content is saved to my first version... with the original date. I could not find any information about "versioning" neither for any upgrade. Must I save manually the XML sources ?

As yesterday night I go on writing my first article during night and windows had restart for update while I was away, I lost two hours of work... how, I have not saved ? The autosave is so useful...

Looking at CK Builder I found it as CKEditor plugin...

Enhancements and workaround : use of new version of CKEditor and optional plugins

I have gone to CKEditor site. Last version is 4.4.4.
As the CKBuilder allows a lot of plugins, particularly autosave, then builtin, I decide to discover and try to setup a serendipity version using a special built of CKEditor.

I probably missed some rules for development, because I don't succeed.
The coherency analyse and spartacus crashes (display one line).
I had for test (because I have not found other information) tried to update "templates_c\package_event_fr.xml" to define the CKEditor 4.4.4_xxxx containing "all" and "extra plugins optionals" at the place of ckeditor_4.4.3.0_standard-plus.zip.

How this can be done ? : replace the Spartacus referenced version by a new one (manually).

serendipity plugin concerning edition integration in CKEditor

I have another question : none of serendipity plugins which defines editing function can be exposed if the "link" option is not chosen (link are really erratics): how to create and link a button into ckeditor.

Current job running to end installation
I go on installing and testing plugins (10 plugins that I have suppressed when I could not get CKEditor well)

Note : For "dictation to text", a plugin of CKEditor, I uses "DRAGON" in a pro version but which don't integrates scripting. So it can only insert text, which is very useful when text are created with non wysiwyg editor (textile, tikiwiki base...)
So to launch command to CKEditor the solution should be exactly the same as integrating CKEditor command launched by a particular sequence of no special chars (just chars no ctrl, alt etc. like word macro etc...).
Dragon allows into this pro (not company) version to associate an expression told by voice with any no special char sequence. The plugin which substitutes chars (sigle) with extended text, made me thought to this. But it seems that there is no "typical text key word" to execute a defined command. May be it should be ?
For information, with TikiWiki a development has been to allow into wysiwig to insert text commands of plugins. When validated the plugin is executed. So with dictation it is possible to insert a plugin which is a command of editor...

Last remark : the word of "authors" is used and we can find in French "utilisateur", may be I have seen somewhere "User" (I often don't take care if I write versus read in French or English) : It seems that a separate serendipity must be installed for each blog. Then the author is commonly unique, even several persons are writing the blog. This is different from users which can be writers (authors) of comments. I have not found where into documentation this is described.

Best regards

Trebly
Trebly
Regular

Post by Trebly »

Hi,

Checked : the SSRV is reported as SCAYT error from beta test version.
Can hope it is solved with 4.4.4 CKEditor and his plugins.
So this will be solved with the installation of CKEditor 4.4.4 personalized.

CKBuilder version with optional plugins integration
Note that some plugins bundle with CKBuilder must be not load anymore, as separate user installed plugins, if such version personalized version with optional plugins is used.

Probably the first simplest solution is to clean and update manually the config.js, cke_config.js and xml files. This before an upgrade of the repository.

Best regards

Trebly
Trebly
Regular

Post by Trebly »

Hi,

Sorry, I found quite everything.

I have no explanation for not to have found these informations immediately : to quick, to tired, not red in details, some link lost, not followed ?

I will re-write the list of successful CKEditor plugins installation and/or what will not function exactly as I could wish.

Best regards

Trebly