Cannot access to id="XinhaIFrame_serendipity[extended]"

Found a bug? Tell us!!
Trebly
Regular

Cannot access to id="XinhaIFrame_serendipity[extended]"

Post by Trebly »

Hi,

I just begin with serendipity, but quite experienced in such tool (development on tikiwiki).

I don't got any problem with installation.

At first creation of text, I could write quite normally (some difficulties with <il>) the id="XinhaIFrame_serendipity[body]" which is named curiously in French "introduction of the note".
When I tried to write something into the named area "corps du billet" (body of the note) which corresponds to iframe (id="XinhaIFrame_serendipity[extended]", I failed.The cursor cannot be clicked inside (I have not looked to html in details till now).

This iframe for body of the note (extended) seems not be able to be written in after my install.

Thanks for help

Trebly

remark : there is no currently available translation into English <-> French for French word "billet" for a "note" into a newspaper (Farlex which gives note for "short text into a newspaper"). The English "note"which has not the same meaning most of time, is not well adapted . The dominant "short text" for comment into another text is the French "note". But "billet" is much more significant only in the context of newpapers as "generally short text about any subject by a regular author into the newspaper "the 'billet' of ... today in... (never will use "note").
So "billet" is the full right word to use in French for this context.
Timbalu
Regular

Re: Cannot access to id="XinhaIFrame_serendipity[extended]"

Post by Timbalu »

Hi

Thought I did not really understand what your problem is exactly, assuming that you cannot write into the extended body textarea field with Xinha, I'd rather say this:
Xinha is quite old, and we know there have been funny issues around with javascript impacts to make in special this field unwritable.
That said, I would suggest to install the serendipity event Plugin CKEDITOR, to replace Xinha with a much more modernized JS Editor. The best you can do is to install the Spartacus Plugin first, which gives you access to our online plugin (and theme) repositories. Then install the ckeditor plugin, link to the 'Poster un billet' and hard reload your browser.

I hope that will solve your issues.

About the naming remarks, we are happy on every help for lang translations. If you are willing to do some future work here, the best starting point would be in our upcoming Serendipity release lang files.
The body and extended textarea fields are concepted to write blog articles as a teasering paragraph(s) body entry and the final of that text resting in extended, which can be opened on request on frontpage. (But most people only use the body field though! ;-) )
Regards,
Ian

Serendipity Styx Edition and additional_plugins @ https://ophian.github.io/ @ https://github.com/ophian
Trebly
Regular

Post by Trebly »

Hi,

Thanks.

I ran too quickly in this installation. I had not looked in details to plugins and thought to see later plugins as option...
It is not so immediate to get the key informations that you sent to me me into your answer.

Now I installed successfully a good set of plugins.

But with CKEditor I have a problem, it is installed but it runs as a simple html texarea with no function (known because tikiwiki uses CKEditor). When I click the "name" of the plugin into plugin list I access as for others plugins to the plugin parameters. For CKEditor it is not the configuration page and I have not seen the link to. I think that this is the reason why CKEditor, as the plugin is activated, is not yet operational.

Thanks for help.

Best regards

Trebly
Timbalu
Regular

Post by Timbalu »

First, I am not sure I do understand what you were trying to describe. Sorry.

So we make it this way:
  • Did you install Spartacus event Plugin, or fetch and upload the ckeditor event plugin manually from our online web repository?
  • Did you install it via "Configure Plugins" link in sidebar, and the "Click here to install a new event plugin" link, which is "/yourblog/serendipity_admin.php?serendipity[adminModule]=plugins&serendipity[adminAction]=addnew&serendipity[type]=event" ?
  • Can you access the now available [C] "CKEditor" link in the event plugin list, to open the CKEDITOR plugins configuration?
  • Did you enable the "Use WYSIWYG Editor" option in "Personal Settings" (link of backends sidebar) to use the wysiwyg Editor at all? If you do this and have installed CKEDITOR Plugin, it will use this automatically, else the core delivered old Xinha.
Regards,
Ian

Serendipity Styx Edition and additional_plugins @ https://ophian.github.io/ @ https://github.com/ophian
Trebly
Regular

Post by Trebly »

Hi,

I think that I have done everything needed and well understood, but CKEditor seems not to be activated while all files are right set into /plugins/

I still don't understand.

There are two elements of "how to" that I have, may be, not well understood :
- " place this (CKEditor) plugin near the end of your plugin list." -> the list is automatic and I have not seen any order else than the display of "plugins admin"
- edit parameters of CKEditor plugin

I join two screen capture :
- the CKEditor parameters page
- the current display of y first "billet" (draft)

I missed something, what ?

Regards,

Trebly

Because I write too quickly and too late in the evening my previous message I join a more clear version :

I ran too quickly in this installation. I had not looked in details to the plugins management and I thought to see later the installation of plugins as options...
It is not so immediate to get from the serendipity documentation the key informations that you sent to me into your answer.

Now I have installed successfully a good set of plugins.

But with CKEditor I have a problem, it is installed but it runs as a simple html texarea with no function (I know the product because tikiwiki uses CKEditor).
When I click the "name" of the plugin into plugin list I access as for others plugins to the plugin parameters displayed by "Serendipity". For CKEditor the page displayed it is not a full configuration page of ckeditor, only some parameters, and I have not seen any link to a specific page for all options of CKEditor.
I think that this is the reason why CKEditor, while the plugin is activated it is not yet normally operational.

Thanks for help.

Best regards

Trebly
Timbalu
Regular

Post by Timbalu »

Trebly wrote:I join two screen capture :
- the CKEditor parameters page
- the current display of y first "billet" (draft)
Good idea. Where?

If you have read this, your are inside the plugin configuration.
1. To allow other plugins to use or hook into the editor, place this (CKEditor) plugin near the end of your plugin list.
2. Make sure to enable WYSIWYG mode in your personal preferences.
Normally it is already near the end. And normally you don't need to move it around (except with a linktrimmer and amazonchooser plugin installed).
But did you also do the second? Enable in Personal Settings: Allow WYSIWYG ..?
Regards,
Ian

Trebly
Regular

Post by Trebly »

Hi,

I had in my latest message joined with "uploads attachment" these two screen copy (upload and validate with comment), I do it again. After upload they appear nowhere (no list ...). You can get it too from : http://ovh.to/JuVJfF

All requested setup have been done, I do think :
  1. Plugin : spartacus to be able to download plugin from repository
  2. Plugin : CKEditor and setup done (screen copy joined, hcopy of editing )
  3. Activation of Wysiwyg mode "all authors"
I have set the parameters for "smtp" but as it generates an error I asked for confirmation from my hosting.
Note : for serendipity I host myself (local server) during test and for exploitation I migrate to my hosting (OVH)

Thanks,
Regards

Trebly
Timbalu
Regular

Post by Timbalu »

Uploading a screenshot to the forum needs you to push it to the entry via next shown button to appear in your post.

I guess if you have set
Use WYSIWYG editor
Do you want to use the WYSIWYG editor? (Works on IE5+, partially in Mozilla 1.3+) Yes No
to yes, it should show up in entryform. Your screenshot shows it does not, so I think you are using it with a wrong Author, which is not allowed to.
To install and allow, you'll need to be admin, I assume.
What are your authors settings?
Trebly wrote:I have set the parameters for "smtp" but as it generates an error I asked for confirmation from my hosting.
Note : for serendipity I host myself (local server) during test and for exploitation I migrate to my hosting (OVH)
There is no parameter "smtp" in CKEDITOR plugin!? And the "Force install process (in emergencies)" option should only be once set to yes, if the zip deflation did not automatically occur. Inside plugins/serendipity_event_ckeditor/ you should have two new directory for ckeditor/ and kcfinder/ to check if that has happened. Is that the case?

Migrating from a local to a public server may do as well bring in some error circumstances. But I still guess it is the author not being allowed.
Regards,
Ian

Trebly
Regular

Post by Trebly »

Hi,

For upload : I had not taken care of the message "file to large"... please use the link to download my screen copies it the the more easy (I cannot immediately reduce the size - 1920x1080 -, lower size the chars cannot read any longer).

The rights are OK (see screen shots).

There is no migration, it will be. I have installed on my server (can check and use best parameters for Apache and php, edit any file on local network, manage database and data)

Sorry the smtp is a second subject not completely checked : I could not send a first mail, I am checking smtp options with my mail server hosting.

Best regards

Trebly
Timbalu
Regular

Post by Timbalu »

CKEDITOR will only install on USERLEVEL_ADMIN.
I cannot see your userlevel in one of the two screenshots.

But if you are sure to be in USERLEVEL_ADMIN, the last breakage I can imagine, is another plugin or something avoiding the javascript to run through, since throwing an error or something.
F12 opens the Browsers console in most cases. There you could see any javascript errors.
Maybe its the youtube plugin? I never used that before and you would not need that with CKE anyway.
Regards,
Ian

Trebly
Regular

Post by Trebly »

Hi,

I was thinking that you could read because I can read it easily on my display (file "hcopy-editor-04-user_admin.jpg"). In fact there was a trick with the publication on "hubic" and the new screen shot where not updated please use : http://ovh.to/6bc6pP

I am logged in as administrator with level 255.
I am the lonely user (just after installation).
But if you are sure to be in USERLEVEL_ADMIN, the last breakage I can imagine, is another plugin or something avoiding the javascript to run through, since throwing an error or something.
I follow, so I am going to ckeck the code execution and send to you the results.

I am pleased to have found the youtube plugin, so I hope to be able to include some youtube video into my "papers" ("billet") seems to be a good translation in "blog" context. ( I will may be develop another for Kaltura or the French Dailymotion, the blog manager as the wiki and articles of tikiwiki integrates too video streams). I have currently near thirty speech about various subject to introduce into some "billet".

I have not used TikiWiki because I am still wishing to use a lighter tool as Serendipity for the purpose.

Best regards

Trebly
Trebly
Regular

Post by Trebly »

Hi,

I have not yet tested, but I have a question :

What is the right way to change the load order of plugins ?

Do this can be done directly with plugins table into database ?

Best regards

Trebly
Timbalu
Regular

Post by Timbalu »

Trebly wrote:What is the right way to change the load order of plugins ?
Moving the plugins around and save in /serendipity_admin.php?serendipity[adminModule]=plugins
Trebly wrote:Do this can be done directly with plugins table into database ?
Never did this, but might be possible too. I think.
Trebly wrote:I am logged in as administrator with level 255.
I am the lonely user (just after installation).
Yeah that seems OK to me.

We still have that very possible javascript mismatch.

The ckeditor plugin has a very small and simple internal mediaembed plugin, to put in the youtube (iframe) link via button dialog.
Regards,
Ian

Trebly
Regular

Post by Trebly »

Hi,

Some results of check.

During beginning of execution of CKEditor.js a "c.element" is not defined so it crashes at first call of any method here "equals" normally inherited from " class CKEDITOR.dom.domObject" as defined in "CKEditor 3 JavaScript API Documentation".

Code: Select all

c.element.equals(this) 
leads to : 'Uncaught TypeError : Cannot read property 'equals' of undefined

This happens into object definition function "geteditor"

,getEditor:function(){
var a=CKEDITOR.instances,b,c;
for(b in a) 
   {c=a[b]; if(c.element.equals(this)&&c.elementMode!=CKEDITOR.ELEMENT_MODE_APPENDTO)
    return c}
return null
}

So element seems not to be defined

c= a[b]; 
As the code is compacted (even I could make it more clear) it is not possible to go further and as there is no error detected before it seems that it is a "solidity" of code problem.
I can return null if object c is not defined and see what happens.
It should be impossible that the element "c" could not be defined if there is no test.

This seems not linked to any PATH problem, may be for first run of ckeditor ? as editor while a "billet" have been created previously ?

I have tested with the previous html content and with an empty "billet", same issue.

Do you have an idea ?

Best regards,

Trebly
Timbalu
Regular

Post by Timbalu »

I asure you Ckeditor is working well, no need to debug that code!

It is for sure another serendipity plugin which has some js, like the youtube plugin.

If it is not clear by debug message, which plugin is interfering badly here, you need to disable them one by one, moving to hidden list, save the list and return to your entryform, to check which one is causing this error.

By the way, of which Serendipity version are we talking?
Regards,
Ian