"Publish from dashboard" and Twitter

Found a bug? Tell us!!
thh
Regular

"Publish from dashboard" and Twitter

Post by thh »

"Publish from dashboard" had some problems, see Issue 160 https://github.com/s9y/Serendipity/issues/160, which were resolved.

It does now even work with serendipity_event_twitter and tweet the new article - but, unfortunately, without the entryTitle, as it would from the normal "new entry" screen. I didn't check for tags ...

Should I open an issue? On s9y core or the plugin?
yellowled
Regular

Re: "Publish from dashboard" and Twitter

Post by yellowled »

Assuming that announcing posts via twitter from the same blog still works as expected, this probably is more likely related to the new core dashboard. Then again, I'm just the frontend guy. :mrgreen:

Issues with Twitter have always been hard to debug, though, due to the fact that Twitter keeps changing their friggin' API all the time. (Personally, I have resorted to using IFTTT for Twitter announcements.)

YL
thh
Regular

Post by thh »

yellowled wrote:Assuming that announcing posts via twitter from the same blog still works as expected, this probably is more likely related to the new core dashboard.
Yes, seems so.

As tags are propagated, but the title is not, that may be due - after having a short (!) look into the plugin - to an empty $entry in the twitter_published_entry() function in serendipity_event_twitter.php. That function is called with $eventData for the "backend_publish" event.

I'm not sure where to find the code for the "publish from dashboard" function, so didn't had a look there ...

If someone has a testblog set up with a Twitter account, one could check wether other placeholders - e.g. #author# - that are pulled from $entry will be replaced correctly. If they are not, that will be the culprit.

I have submitted Issue #206 https://github.com/s9y/Serendipity/issues/206 (which yellowled has already tagged :)).
mattsches
Regular

Post by mattsches »

Please see the Github issue :)
thh
Regular

Post by thh »

mattsches wrote:Please see the Github issue :)
Thanks! Tested, bug is fixed.