Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'SmartyException' with messa

Found a bug? Tell us!!
reza_rad
Regular

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'SmartyException' with messa

Post by reza_rad »

My weblog based on Serendipity was working till yesterday, but suddenly it doesn't work today, it returns me this error:
(I have other php/mysql websites under this hosting, and they are working fine, so I don't think the hosting be the problem. on the other hand no changes happened on my Serendipity website from the last time that it worked)

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'SmartyException' with message 'Invalid compiled template for 'file:C:\HostingSpaces\rezarad\rad.pasfu.com\wwwroot\templates/andreas09/entries.tpl'' in E:\HostingSpaces\rezarad\rad.pasfu.com\wwwroot\bundled-libs\Smarty\libs\sysplugins\smarty_internal_templatebase.php:174 Stack trace: #0 E:\HostingSpaces\rezarad\rad.pasfu.com\wwwroot\include\functions_smarty.inc.php(73): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->fetch('file:C:\Hosting...', NULL, NULL, NULL, false) #1 E:\HostingSpaces\rezarad\rad.pasfu.com\wwwroot\include\functions_entries.inc.php(1239): serendipity_smarty_fetch('ENTRIES', 'entries.tpl', true) #2 E:\HostingSpaces\rezarad\rad.pasfu.com\wwwroot\include\genpage.inc.php(133): serendipity_printEntries(Array) #3 E:\HostingSpaces\rezarad\rad.pasfu.com\wwwroot\index.php(614): include('E:\HostingSpace...') #4 {main} thrown in E:\HostingSpaces\rezarad\rad.pasfu.com\wwwroot\bundled-libs\Smarty\libs\sysplugins\smarty_internal_templatebase.php on line 174

Thanks in advance for your help
Timbalu
Regular

Re: Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'SmartyException' with m

Post by Timbalu »

It says:
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'SmartyException' with message 'Invalid compiled template for 'file:C:\HostingSpaces\..../andreas09/entries.tpl'' in E:\HostingSpaces\...\smarty_internal_templatebase.php:174
This does not tell why it wasn't compiled right, but it tells you, that the template_c file eg /andreas09/2/2/2/longNum.file.entries.tpl.php holds a fatal error. Delete this 2/2/2/longNum.file.entries.tpl.php path and see if the recompile works, when you open a blogs entry. There might have been a server hickup at compile time, which prevented smarty to work properly.

If that does not happen, ask your ISP if they have changed anything, ie. PHP Version, Path setting etc. Did you also notice that your ../andreas09/entries.tpl is located on disc C: and all other on E:? Why is that?

What is the exact Serendipity 1.7 version you have?
Regards,
Ian

Serendipity Styx Edition and additional_plugins @ https://ophian.github.io/ @ https://github.com/ophian
reza_rad
Regular

Post by reza_rad »

Hi Ian,

Thanks for your help
I've asked my Hosting provider to check changes on the server.
and could you please let me know what exactly should I do? Do I need to remove that file? or part of the file?
Timbalu
Regular

Post by Timbalu »

Yes the compiled file ...entries.tpl.php seems broken or doesn't exist because of an error. What I didn't caught in my previous post is the error message did not mention the compiled file but the origin template file instead. Best way is to try to force a recompile of this file or maybe all your compiled template files in templates_c/andreas09/.. by purging them. If this still produces the same error the cause is somewhere else. What really makes me wonder is this weird disc C: and all other on E: thing? Why is that?
Which version of Serendipity is running? Is this by chance a dev-1.7 version, somewhere between june 2012 andd may 2013?
Regards,
Ian

Serendipity Styx Edition and additional_plugins @ https://ophian.github.io/ @ https://github.com/ophian
reza_rad
Regular

Post by reza_rad »

Thanks for your quick response.
I am not sure about the version of Serendipity that I am using, How can I find that?
about deleting files under template_c; there are many folders such as b1,bb,0d,... under template_c. do you mean I remove all those folders and files under those and browse the website again?

about the location of files C and E; I am completely agree with you. It looks weird. I mention that to my hosting provider and waiting for their response.

Regards,
Reza
reza_rad
Regular

Post by reza_rad »

I removed all files under template_c\andreas09 and browsed again. now I get this error message:
Does it rings any bells for you?
Thanks in advance

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'SmartyException' with message 'unable to write file C:\HostingSpaces\rezarad\rad.pasfu.com\wwwroot\templates_c\andreas09\22\88\1a\wrt52cc553835bc07.55715440' in E:\HostingSpaces\rezarad\rad.pasfu.com\wwwroot\bundled-libs\Smarty\libs\sysplugins\smarty_internal_write_file.php:44 Stack trace: #0 E:\HostingSpaces\rezarad\rad.pasfu.com\wwwroot\bundled-libs\Smarty\libs\sysplugins\smarty_internal_template.php(201): Smarty_Internal_Write_File::writeFile('C:\HostingSpace...', '<?php /* Smarty...', Object(Serendipity_Smarty)) #1 E:\HostingSpaces\rezarad\rad.pasfu.com\wwwroot\bundled-libs\Smarty\libs\sysplugins\smarty_internal_templatebase.php(155): Smarty_Internal_Template->compileTemplateSource() #2 E:\HostingSpaces\rezarad\rad.pasfu.com\wwwroot\include\functions_smarty.inc.php(73): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->fetch('file:C:\Hosting...', NULL, NULL, NULL, false) #3 E:\HostingSpaces\rezarad\rad.pasfu.com\wwwroot\include\functions_entries.inc.php(1239): serendipity_smarty_fetch('ENTRIES', 'entries. in E:\HostingSpaces\rezarad\rad.pasfu.com\wwwroot\bundled-libs\Smarty\libs\sysplugins\smarty_internal_write_file.php on line 44
reza_rad
Regular

Post by reza_rad »

Hi Ian,

Problem fixed by Hosting provider.
The clue that I've got from you helped a lot.
The problem was that the incorrect path configured in serendipity. It was set to use C:\\HostingSpaces\\...\\wwwroot\\

Thanks a lot for your help
Regards,
Reza