My posts are missing?

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
ed587
Regular

My posts are missing?

Post by ed587 »

I haven't been keeping up with my blog and today I noticed that the only page that appears is the first page of the blog. On all other pages I try to access I get the following error:

Not Found
The requested URL /serendipity/archives/64-Searchable-Platt-Family-Tree.html was not found on this server.

I plan to upgrade to 2.0. It seems the data is still there as I can edit posts and they appear in the editor. Should I go ahead and upgrade or should I try to fix the missing post problem first. Thanks!
The best,

~Ed
yellowled
Regular

Re: My posts are missing?

Post by yellowled »

ed587 wrote:The requested URL /serendipity/archives/64-Searchable-Platt-Family-Tree.html was not found on this server.
Did you (or your hoster) maybe switch off mod_rewrite? Any other changes on the server you'd be aware of? Was the PHP version upgraded recently.
ed587 wrote:Should I go ahead and upgrade or should I try to fix the missing post problem first. Thanks!
Definitely try to fix the issues first. 2.0 is not recommended for productive use anyway.

YL
ed587
Regular

Re: My posts are missing?

Post by ed587 »

Thank you yellowled, that was it. In Configuration the setting was on to use Apache mod_rewrite, so I changed it to 'no url-writing', saved that, then went back and turned on 'use Apache mod_rewrite, like magic all posts and guestbook have reappeared.

The best,

~Ed587
The best,

~Ed