StaticPage Plugin - a newb need help

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
catalistino

StaticPage Plugin - a newb need help

Post by catalistino »

Hi everybody,

I'm new to S9Y and i would like to install the StaticPage Plugin but i can't really find any help on how to install and where to download the plugin.

Could anyone help me?

I would even like to know if with the plugin i will be able to get a nav menu into the header of the website ( blog ).

Let me know asap and don't tell me it is the wrong section :lol: that's the main reason of not using another CMS. I am a newb and if you won't get mad to me, i will learn fast. :oops:
Actually i live in Italy but i won't reccomend nor encourage anyone else to do the same.
yellowled
Regular

Re: StaticPage Plugin - a newb need help

Post by yellowled »

catalistino wrote:I'm new to S9Y and i would like to install the StaticPage Plugin but i can't really find any help on how to install and where to download the plugin.
You can either get it on Spartacus (our centralized plugin repository) or (probably easier) through the Spartacus plugin, which is included in the s9y core. (First, install the Spartacus plugin; then install Static Pages through it. Ask here again if that doesn't work or wasn't understandable enough. :))
catalistino wrote:I would even like to know if with the plugin i will be able to get a nav menu into the header of the website ( blog ).
Kind of. The Static Pages plugin comes with a sidebar plugin which can create a list of static pages in the sidebar, but you're probably looking for something different. The kind of nav you're looking for was implemented in the theme in s9y for a long time. These days, it's part of the s9y core, but the theme you're using still has to include it, which not all of them do. So bottom line, it depends on the theme you're using. (By the way, the URL to your blog in your forum profile doesn't work. .it instead of .iy maybe?)
catalistino wrote:Let me know asap
People who want to use the word “asap” with me have to pay me first. :mrgreen:

YL
catalistino

Post by catalistino »

Hey, thanks a for answering.

I've got the plugin with Spartacus because it was easier but still got 1 big problem ( Nav-Menu ) that will be solved ( i hope ) by using another template instead of the one actually active.

I have to apologize for using the word ASAP :oops: but i was in a hurry. ( Are BitCoins accepted :lol: ? )

However, thanks a lot for answering again.

[EDIT] Yes, it is .it :roll: :mrgreen:
Actually i live in Italy but i won't reccomend nor encourage anyone else to do the same.
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

catalistino wrote:I have to apologize for using the word ASAP :oops: but i was in a hurry.
You're never in a hurry in the forums. People are going to chime in on your post if they can help (sometimes even if not, just to try) and whenever they have time to do so. The s9y forum is usually pretty quick in response times, but that depends a little on the time of day, day of the week etc.

So I take it you're good to go now with Static Pages and the nav? If not, just ask again. :)

YL