How to get the number of rss followers?

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
Czorneboh
Regular

How to get the number of rss followers?

Post by Czorneboh »

Hi all!

How I could get the number of the rss followers of my blog?

Google Analytics I do use.
The statistic plugin as well. Because of that I can see yet, that someone visited my blog by comming from thie rss-feed. In the data base I just now was not looking for yet.

regards
Czorneboh
Don Chambers
Regular

Re: How to get the number of rss followers?

Post by Don Chambers »

The serendipity rss feed (http://blog.ost-impuls.de/feeds/index.rss2) is not going to give you the number of followers.... but you can use a feedburner rss feed instead of serendipity's feed, and that will provide statistics.
=Don=
onli
Regular

Post by onli »

Please don't, feedburner is quasi-dead. Better use piwik (http://wirres.net/article/articleview/6539/1/6/, sorry, german, basically inserting a counter-image).
Czorneboh
Regular

Post by Czorneboh »

About the solution when using feedburner I was reading before posting this question, but as well - formerly - about the end of services for feedburner.

@onli: Thank you for the hint. So one more reason to switch soon to Piwik, right? :) But the post sounds for me, that I will have trouble to repeat, what the blogger described here.

My s9y-statistics plugin shows me only a very small number of subscribers. I wonder, what else these are, if not the number of rss-subscribers. Anybody knows?

Anybody knows, in which category those rss-subscribers are sorted by Google Analytics?
I assume, direct visits?!