Upgrade 1.7.8 to 2.0 Media in article

Having trouble installing serendipity?
curso4
Regular

Upgrade 1.7.8 to 2.0 Media in article

Post by curso4 »

Hi all, Congratulations on the new version 2.0

I upgraded from 1.7.8 and only I have encountered a problem.
When inserting "Media" in an article the button "Done" does not work and transfers the html tags.

I do not know why.

How to fix?

In a clean installation if it works.

Thank You.
yellowled
Regular

Re: Upgrade 1.7.8 to 2.0 Media in article

Post by yellowled »

curso4 wrote:When inserting "Media" in an article the button "Done" does not work and transfers the html tags.
If I understand you correctly, it does work for you in a clean install? If that's the case, it's likely that the update did not run properly. (Assuming you're testing in the same browser.)

However, to investigate this further, please replicate this in said blog (where it does not work) while having the JS console open. To do this, first:

* in Chrome: hit Ctrl + Alt + j (⌘ instead of Ctrl if you're on a Mac)
* in Firefox: hit Crtl + Alt + k (⌘ instead of Ctrl if you're on a Mac)
* in IE: please use Chrome or Firefox, I'm too lazy to start IE and find the shortcut for that :wink:

then try inserting the image in an entry. Does it give you any error messages in the JS console? Please copy and paste them here.

YL
curso4
Regular

Post by curso4 »

Thank you very much yellowled, I appreciate your quick response.

I upgraded from version 1.7.8 to 2.0 and Firefox console gives the following error pressing the button "Done" in "Media":

TypeError: window.parent.parent.$ is undefined (index.php:288)

Otherwise the upgrade goes well.

Thx.

Note: use google translator sorry.
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

curso4 wrote:TypeError: window.parent.parent.$ is undefined (index.php:288)
Huh. That's odd.

I'm pretty sure I know which line in the backend JS produces this error (closing the overlay window in which the media database sits), but I can not reproduce it in Firefox, not even with the WYSIWYG editor. But neither can you, at least not in a fresh installation. However, this also cancels out my initial suspicion that this may be an incomplete update to some extent.

Hmmm. Let's see …

1. Are there any differences between this blog and the fresh installation you mentioned? Do they use different plugins (if so, which ones)?

2. Do you get the same error in the backend with a different browser? (Chrome or Internet Explorer)

3. Try reloading the backend a few times, maybe use Ctrl + Shift + r to to a “hard refresh” and see if that fixes it. (In that case, it would be a caching issue.) Try clearing your template cache in the new maintenance section of the backend as well.

YL
curso4
Regular

Post by curso4 »

Hello yellowled, do not know how you will hear what I write, I use google translator, sorry for the errors in reading.

The blog that I have updated is a part of the web I am preparing Depalique digital
Everything we've tried after the upgrade is going well, except this problem with the button of "Media"
yellowled wrote:1. Are there any differences between this blog and the fresh installation you mentioned? Do they use different plugins (if so, which ones)?
If any installed two plugins, to locate the sidebar with photos of the coppermine photo gallery.

serendipity_event_cpgselector
serendipiti_plugin_coppermine

The plugin installation was a success. Is this the problem? If necessary it can uninstall.
yellowled wrote:2. Do you get the same error in the backend with a different browser?(Chrome or Internet Explorer)
Yes, I've tried it with explorer and the problem is reproduced with greater gravity since none of the buttons on the editor, or if want to "Media" window opens.

In firefox, it is only the button "Done" window "Media" which do not works.
yellowled wrote:3. Try reloading the backend a few times, maybe use Ctrl + Shift + r to to a "hard refresh" and see if that fixes it. (In that case, it would be a caching issue.) Try clearing your cache template in the new maintenance section of the backend as well.
Yes, I have done the hard refresh in firefox and it works strange. Press Ctrl+Shift+r the code moves to the editor, but to the save it creates two frames to publish it. The next time you want to Insert an image button "Done" stops working. Needs to be done a "hard refresh" whenever you want to upload an image.

You can register on the blog for testing if necessary.
As a last solution I can start from scratch.
Thank you and best regards.

JM
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

Hola JM. First problem I have is that your entire site is being emitted in an iframe. Is this deliberate? If so, why? I am not sure if that is at all related to your problem, but I did notice it.

Second, I tried to self-register, but it didn't work. I've never used that plugin, so I am not sure what restrictions are imposed by the user self-registration plugin for user names, and/or passwords. If you would like to create a user account for me, please send me a private message with the user name and password, and I will try to help you further.
=Don=
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

curso4 wrote:serendipity_event_cpgselector
serendipiti_plugin_coppermine
You don't need to uninstall it, but please try moving the cpgselector plugin to "inactive" in the Plugins section of the backend (don't forget to save there). Does that change anything concerning the entry editor issue? (Might be that this plugin interferes with the image selection in the entry editor.)
curso4 wrote:Needs to be done a "hard refresh" whenever you want to upload an image.
That sounds very weird and is probably not what I meant, but thanks for testing it. :)

YL
curso4
Regular

Post by curso4 »

Hello Don, is true access to the blog is not in the root directory and it is accessed through an iframe, this is your code:

Code: Select all

<html>

<head>
<title>Depalique</title>
</head>

<frameset framespacing="0" border="0" frameborder="0" cols="160">
  <frame name="contenido" target="principal" src="diario/" 

scrolling="auto" noresize>
  <noframes>
  <body>

<p>Entre en el siguiente enlace <a 

href="http://www.depalique.com/diario">http://www.depalique.com/</a>
  para acceder a la revista.</p>

</body>
  </noframes>
</frameset>

</html>
It has always worked well with this access. Your actual address is http://www.depalique.com/diario/

The adduser pluggin also works for me, not get you emails to the user or administrator.
I send you a private message with the user name and password for access to the blog.

Thank you.
curso4
Regular

Post by curso4 »

Thanks yellowled

I have not deleted the plugin, is now inactive. I think that affects the editor, in version Serendipity 1.4.1 creates a new button:

In the image, the button is called "Álbumes" (in Spanish).

You can see it on the blog of the "Derby de Andalucía".

Thank you for the enormous effort that supposed to understand messages, nor do I know what I'm writing. :)

A greeting.
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

curso4 wrote:I have not deleted the plugin, is now inactive. I think that affects the editor, in version Serendipity 1.4.1 creates a new button:
Yeah, but does inserting images from the media database now work for you in 2.0?

YL
curso4
Regular

Post by curso4 »

Just wanted to test this pluggin blog to connect to an external photo gallery (coppermine). Is possible that the uninstall.

JM
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

Thank you for administrative access to your blog.
I have no problem inserting media into an entry. What else do we need to test?
=Don=
curso4
Regular

Post by curso4 »

Mystery, what have you done? far so good when accessing:
http://www.depalique.com/diario/
And not duplicate the image.

When I open my blog one frame does not work insert "Media". Have you tried?
http://www.depalique.com

JM