ckeditor default and personalized installation

Having trouble installing serendipity?
Trebly
Regular

ckeditor default and personalized installation

Post by Trebly »

Hi,

With serendipity there is a "default" install package built by default for serendipity.

Ckeditor has a constant evolution and offer many plugins that are not included with the default package.

My main question about ckeditor is : How to install a ckeditor version "packaged with user plugins by user_packager of ckeditor" in a good manner.
There is some doc about this :
  • in ckeditor subdir : config.js : how to add plugin var setup for ckeditor
  • in serendipity_event_ckeditor : cke_config.js
  • Compatibility
Examples of plugins to install:
Plugin "Autosave"
I Tried to run the "autosave" ckeditor plugin but it seems not to run : which changes must be done to the config files to activate.
Note : I have not found ad demo of the function on ckeditor site : probably bas search
Too some plugins are in situation of being a duplicate function of serendipity plugins, this is the case of "autosave".
I have verified previously that the serendipity autosave was not operational (only for test) this while there is an "autosave" plugin for ckeditor.
There is too another plugin of serendipity to save version : I failed using it : the version are registered but the content can't be accessed. The list of save version appear in editing list but only the first version is editable, the others are empty (seems).

scyat (WebSpellchecker)
The orthography check management :
there are normally four ways opened :
  • Keep use of default navigator check : I could not find how to setup the option
  • Use default ckeditor cyat normally described as dynamic
  • Use the spellcheck (free) of ckeditor command (calls the spellchecker site) and offers a "batch" analyse.
  • Use the "text" orthography and syntax check under license of webspellchecker
When the plugin is set (default installation) there his the button (menu-button) to check orthography with ckeditor but it is not dynamic (the activation show all the french words as error, the panels of spellchecker options is empty.
So I have the following questions :
How it is possible to have the "quite standard orthography check" of navigator ?
I have tested the parameter of config.js (ckeditor) : config.disableNativeSpellChecker = false; this has no effect.
There is no dictionary, no language and the options of menu-button sends the same not ended panel with empty tabs for languages and dictionaries (French configuration)
Most of french word are red underline with the lonely information "spellchecker copyright", there is no French dictionary nor anyone reference into the option panel and I have not found the file format nor how to download anyone.

My subjects for opened questions are about :
  • Valid plugins and compatibility
  • Way to implement ckeditor plugins both for ckeditor and serendipity environment
best regards

Trebly
Timbalu
Regular

Re: ckeditor default and personalized installation

Post by Timbalu »

Hi Trebly

Haven't we had this all before? :)
I do it once more, assuming, there will be not more to add about all this from my side any further.

The ckeditor plugin relies on a custom config, called cke_config.js and a cke_plugin.js file in the serendipity_event_ckeditor directory.
Here you can add/make desired changes, if you are careful not to destroy any existing settings. I have added a short docu at the end of the plugin configuration on HOW to enable and WHERE to place manually added other CKEDITOR Plugins, extending the STANDARD version.

Yes, the OLD serendipity_event_autosave plugin never worked with JS Editors! Therefore does not with CKEDITOR too!

A word about autosave:
I think it should work with the CKEDITOR autosave plugin at least for blog entries (*), if you enable it in the right way, described in the grey field of plugins config.

I don't think this is something to get into rage. If it does not work, just learn to save your posts a little bit earlier and/or there is the option to wait for upcoming Serendipity 2.0, which has that fixed into the core.

About Scayt/Webspellchecker.
SpellCheckAsYouType (SCAYT)

This plugin brings Spell Check As You Type (SCAYT) into CKEditor.

SCAYT is "installation-less", using the web-services of WebSpellChecker.net. It's an out of the box solution.
The cke_config.js file has a doc text passage about native browser spell check functionality and the right click context menu.

The [ABC] Button CKEDITOR Plugin Scayt/Webspellchecker does work in its main functions, as already said:
  • You have to allow jsdelivr.net and webspellchecker.net in your browser, if restricting javascript.
  • You have to set the desired Serendipity USER language in your "Réglages personnels".
  • Now open a new blog entry form and allow Scayt via [ABC] button.
Enter some text, eg:
Désormais, tous les ordinateurs lui étaient accessible. Les centrales nucléaires, les services informatiques des grandes compagnies, de l’eau, du téléphone, la télévision, l’électricité, la défense, la bourse...

Tu vas le prendre avec toi. Tu brancheras ton téléphone mobile dessus afin que je puisse rester en contact avec toi. Il te faudra aussi un câble de liaison pour brancher ton ordinateur sur le réseau militaire.

Il avait d’abord commencer par récupérer des informations depuis l’ordinateur de David, puis il était allé les chercher sur Internet. Il avait lui même programmé l’ordinateur de David afin d’avoir un premier lien vers le monde extérieur : la voix. Il pouvait entendre la voix de David, mais ne la comprenait pas. C’est alors qu’il a décider d’aller lui même à l’information. Il s’est alors ‘transporté’ sur Internet afin de choisir une nouvelle ‘maison’. Il lui a été beaucoup plus facile de programmer ce nouvel ordinateur afin d’entendre une nouvelle voix.

Il avait d’abord commencer par récupérer des informations depuis l’ordinateur de David, puis il était allé les chercher sur Internet. Il avait lui même programmé l’ordinateur de David afin d’avoir un premier lien vers le monde extérieur : la voix. Il pouvait entendre la voix de David, mais ne la comprenait pas. C’est alors qu’il a décider d’aller lui même à l’information. Il s’est alors ‘transporté’ sur Internet afin de choisir une nouvelle ‘maison’. Il lui a été beaucoup plus facile de programmer ce nouvel ordinateur afin d’entendre une nouvelle voix.

« Prélude m’avait dit qu’il désirait connaître l’amour. Les ordinateurs n’ont pas de sentiments et l’amour n’est que sentiments. Il y a bien l’amour physique, mais sans les sentiments, cela ressemble davantage à un instinct de reproduction qu’à de l’amour. Un ordinateur n’a pas ce besoin de reproduction. Et pourquoi m’avoir choisi ? »
See it working for a few seconds. It will check each word via webspellchecker.net and mark the ones not known, which are some but not all in this case, in your textarea field. A right mouse click on highlighted words allows to ignore, add, etc.

This also works similar if you don't do this via "allow scayt", and use the "spell verification" subtab webspellchecker popup instead.

Now another personal word regarding spellchecking:
I think there are better tools around to check certain texts for spell verifications. Eg copy and paste to your office editor and back. Or write longer drafted texts in there at all. IMHO best is, to use Brain and Knowledge, to avoid dump spellchecking helpers at all!

Yes, it seems there are still issues with some extended tabs not closing via OK or CANCEL Buttons in this Scayt enabled submenues. I have had these too. But I believe we are the wrong address to mark this as buggy. :)

About scayt dictionaries: I think, you need to create your own, which first is stored in a cookie and growing-up will be a file. This is what the right click 'Add' is about, I assume. This information is supplied without liability. (http://docs.cksource.com/CKEditor_3.x/U ... l_Checking)

(*) I say this, since I know the save button does work and for blog entries only!

Edit:
Trebly wrote:There is too another plugin of serendipity to save version : I failed using it : the version are registered but the content can't be accessed. The list of save version appear in editing list but only the first version is editable, the others are empty (seems).
I don't know what you mean. Which Serendipity Plugin is meant?
Regards,
Ian

Serendipity Styx Edition and additional_plugins @ https://ophian.github.io/ @ https://github.com/ophian
Trebly
Regular

Post by Trebly »

Hi,

Sorry for not to have answered quicker, I was fully overloaded.

I begin to check all points and send details quickly.

For now, I have three questions :
  • What is the current file format of dictionnaries : Firefox, OpenOffice, Adobe reader ... (If I could get an example I could know, but I could not find anyone, anywhere. Then I can imagine a relation with the emptiness of tabs : languages)
  • What is the role of the config.js staying in ckeditor subdir ?
  • The "waited behavior" for spell checker is to be able to set four configurations:
    • No external check : use only builtin (navigator textarea) check
    • For dynamic use builtin checker but allow with "ABC" button to run "webspellchecker panel" as you describe and which function normally on my current installation
    • Dynamic SCYAT activated : so full free of fees functions activated
    • With license full dynamic SCYAT and options
    The dynamic check even no precise is very important for me because even I quite never makes spell mistakes in three languages, for typing I got a few year ago a dyslexic typing and need quite auto correct tools. Too I uses voice-typing Dragon which makes too errors. You know that the authors often see when reading their text "how it should be written but not how it is written". The "batch panel correction" then can have so many changes to manage that the author attention can fail, this because his mind begin to follow the meaning of the text better than the orthography and syntax... Then a two or three levels spellcheck is necessary.
    I uses often spellchecking, syntax etc. by copy, particularly when the text must be read by foreign readers and translated. So I check the quality of the automatic translations. I often cut the idiomatic expressions to avoid meaning errors. Nevertheless this way of work leads often to a not acceptable time use.
and two answers :
  • Autosave and "Versioning of entries"
    "There is too another plugin of serendipity to save version : I failed using it"
    : Sorry I forgot to give the name -> "Versioning of entries" which allow normally to get back the content of an previous version of a text. It seems not compatible with any autosave and may be not to function at all. First I had not activated any autosave. I cannot be sure about the "Versioning of entries" fonctionnement in this first stage. Later I have activated the autosave serendipity plugin, each time autosave clock have functioned I got a dated new entry into the list of text to edit but with an empty content except the first content which is after "autosave un-activation" updated by the manual save but not the datas particularly "date of update". Till I un-activate the autosave, each time I have manually saved the text the current content have been updated but "Versioning of entries" don't function at all. Then we don't have anyway the versions nor the date of the current version. It seems that autosave was creating versions without content while "Versioning of entries" had never done anything.
  • The tabs of "ABC" with SCYAT menu :
    Yes, it seems there are still issues with some extended tabs not closing via OK or CANCEL Buttons in this Scayt enabled submenues. I have had these too. But I believe we are the wrong address to mark this as buggy.
    I agree but as I said upwards may be it is a problem of installation (dictionaries and languages list), these must be tested before to avoid reporting errors in "unknown conditions" to ckeditor team
Best regards

Trebly
Timbalu
Regular

Post by Timbalu »

Trebly wrote:What is the current file format of dictionnaries
I don't know.
Trebly wrote:What is the role of the config.js staying in ckeditor subdir ?
This is default config file implemented by CKEDITOR releases. Normally you could take this, but we use a custom config file, named cke_config.js, which extends this default.
Trebly wrote:The "waited behavior" for spell checker is to be able to set four configurations
Native spell check functionality is by default disabled in the editor, use config.disableNativeSpellChecker = false; to enable it in cke_config.js.
This has side effects, please read description ~ line 153.
For your points 3 and 4, I have no experience.
Trebly wrote:... "Versioning of entries" which allow normally to get back the content of an previous version of a text. It seems not compatible with any autosave and may be not to function at all.
I don't know this plugin myself. But, yes, your description does sound like it will not work too with any of our JS-Editors. These kind of plugins, like autosave and this, were designed for PLAIN-Editor usement only, I presume.
Trebly wrote:I agree but as I said upwards may be it is a problem of installation (dictionaries and languages list), these must be tested before to avoid reporting errors in "unknown conditions" to ckeditor team
Please test and report.
Regards,
Ian

Serendipity Styx Edition and additional_plugins @ https://ophian.github.io/ @ https://github.com/ophian
Timbalu
Regular

Post by Timbalu »

No need to discuss, just a note for anyone in question about ckeditors spell checker.

CKEditor's Spell Checking Solutions
http://ckeditor.com/blog/CKEditors-Spel ... -Solutions
Regards,
Ian