Uploading to server

Having trouble installing serendipity?
mrw02536
Regular

Uploading to server

Post by mrw02536 »

I have a working copy of Serendipity on my localhost. I've tried to upload to my server which is 'ipage'
but get a

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

I also get this error when I upload a clean uninstalled version of Serendipity.

I'm not sure how to get access to the server error log but I'll work on that.

Are there are special things to look out for when uploading to an external server?
Timbalu
Regular

Re: Uploading to server

Post by Timbalu »

mrw02536 wrote:Are there are special things to look out for when uploading to an external server?
Yes!
Be careful with all kinds of changed path, which are not only in the database!
I assume you copied your working (already installed) copy onto the server. Did you adjust the .htaccess file and purged the serendipity_config_local.inc.php to pass into Serendipity install mode?
Regards,
Ian

Serendipity Styx Edition and additional_plugins @ https://ophian.github.io/ @ https://github.com/ophian
mrw02536
Regular

Post by mrw02536 »

I changed the DirectoryIndex path in the .htaccess file (when I delete this file I get an error that says it can't write to a templates_c file (has my local address instead of server address which I don't know how to change). With the .htacess file I get the Internal Service Error.
The 'serendipity_config_local.inc.php' file is empty.
mrw02536
Regular

Post by mrw02536 »

I may have it now by deleting the serendipity_config_local.inc.php file, I'll let you know.
mrw02536
Regular

Post by mrw02536 »

Up and running - thanks for the help.
Thank you for an absolutely wonderful application. It's really been fun and challenging integrating into my website.
Richard