Accessing the application

Having trouble installing serendipity?
khelms

Accessing the application

Post by khelms »

Hi,
I have installed Serendipity through my webhost 1 and 1, creating a subdomain. However, that's all I was able to do. Sounds funny, but I cannot get in and start editing at all. I can go to the administrators URL; however, it asks for username and password which I do not have and it does not give me a link to add username and password. I asked the tech support with 1 and 1, but they reported that since it is a 3rd party website application they cannot really help me. Can you please help me or I will have to uninstall and not be able to use it.
yellowled
Regular

Re: Accessing the application

Post by yellowled »

khelms wrote:I have installed Serendipity through my webhost 1 and 1 […] I asked the tech support with 1 and 1, but they reported that since it is a 3rd party website application they cannot really help me.
Usually, you choose the username and password during installation yourself.If you did not set them yourself using the 1&1-“1-click installation”, their tech support should be able to help you (although they're kind of famous for their bad support).

Either way, there's no way we would know your username/password.

See http://board.s9y.org/viewtopic.php?p=10431849 for a (possible) way to reset username and password (using the PHP snippet posted by AFC_North there).

YL
khelms

Post by khelms »

Thank you for your response. I have heard similar feedback regarding support. I will try and reset.
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

Also note that should you fail to reset your login, you could always get rid of the 1-click installation and install S9y yourself – it's really not that difficult. However, 1&1 might not be the best hosting provider for S9y (or any blog/CMS, for that matter), so if you plan to start from scratch anyway, you might as well switch to a more suitable hoster …

YL