Serendipity error message after installation

Having trouble installing serendipity?
fight69
Regular

Serendipity error message after installation

Post by fight69 »

I try to install the new s9y version 1.7. The installation routine doesn't show any errors, but when I try to switch to the newly installed blog, I always get the same message
== SERENDIPITY ERROR ==
Please correct:
include(/var/www/web628/html/nouria/bundled-libs/Smarty/libs/Smarty.class.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/web628/html/nouria/include/functions_smarty.inc.php on line 884

The same happens when I try to reach the backend. The installation is placed under a subdomain, but I don't think that this causes the error. I scrutinized the previous posts couldn't find any which handles this problem.
Can anyone help me?
Timbalu
Regular

Re: Serendipity error message after installation

Post by Timbalu »

Hi

It does look like that certain parts were not uploaded, as it says: No such file or directory ...
Try to upload again. If that is done via ftp use mode binary and force overwrite. FTP FileZilla is one of the recommended programs to do so.

You could also talk to your hoster to investigate, if your subdomain might be setup wrong. Is "nouria" the subdomains dir?
Regards,
Ian

Serendipity Styx Edition and additional_plugins @ https://ophian.github.io/ @ https://github.com/ophian
fight69
Regular

Post by fight69 »

Thanks for your reply, Timbalu, what you write seems to be logic. I didn't work with s9y for some years, so there's a lack of practical knowledge on my side.
I'll do what you suggested (I prefer FileZilla, too, its one of the best FTP-clients), and I think, it will work. I'll post another reply with the results.
The setup of my subdomain should be o.k. (yes, "nouria" is its directory), I'll check it after re-doing the s9y-upload.
fight69
Regular

Post by fight69 »

Timbalu,your hint proved to be useful; after downloading s9y from this site again and uploading the new package to my host, the blog works. Shame on me for not understanding such simple matters :oops: - and thanks again!