The Serendipity Handbook

You can now read the (german) handbook here: PDF - https://github.com/s9y/Book (LaTeX source).

Forum-Information

Before posting about errors, make sure that the answer cannot already be found in our FAQ or by searching this forum!
Posting is restricted to registered users (registering is free and simple!) due to recent spam attacks. When having trouble with this board, contact garvin(-at)s9y(-dot)org.

Board index Installation Cannot access admin after MySQL password change

Having trouble installing serendipity?
Alexander_vD

Postby Alexander_vD » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:54 pm

Hello all,

I changed my mySQL password. Unfortunately, I cannot open the admin.php anymore now. The following code appears:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'HgWXHc'@'web28.tiscomhosting.nl' (using password: YES) in /var/www/g6589/alexandervandeursen.nl/HTML/serendipity5/include/db/mysql.inc.php on line 270

Warning: mysql_select_db() [function.mysql-select-db]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) in /var/www/g6589/alexandervandeursen.nl/HTML/serendipity5/include/db/mysql.inc.php on line 271

Warning: mysql_select_db() [function.mysql-select-db]: A link to the server could not be established in /var/www/g6589/alexandervandeursen.nl/HTML/serendipity5/include/db/mysql.inc.php on line 271

Warning: mysql_query() expects parameter 2 to be resource, boolean given in /var/www/g6589/alexandervandeursen.nl/HTML/serendipity5/include/db/mysql.inc.php on line 281

Warning: mysql_query() expects parameter 2 to be resource, boolean given in /var/www/g6589/alexandervandeursen.nl/HTML/serendipity5/include/db/mysql.inc.php on line 281
serendipity error: unable to connect to database - exiting.

I have no clue on how to proceed and make my website to appear again. I would greatly appreciate any help.

Best,
Alexander

kleinerChemiker
Regular

Postby kleinerChemiker » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:00 am

You have to edit your config file (should be something like serentipity_conf_local.php) and change the mysql password there.

Alexander_vD

Postby Alexander_vD » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:16 am

Thanks so much, all is fine now!

Return to Installation